British Airways Details Improvements to First-Class Menus, Bedding and Amenities
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
British Airways released details of its first-class soft-product upgrades on Thursday — and there’s reason for passengers to get excited. Beginning March 31, passengers can expect to start seeing new bedding, amenities and menus. The airline, having been criticized for how slowly it rolled out soft-product enhancements to its Club World business class in recent years, has committed to completing the roll-out of these changes within a week. By April 7, British Airways says that all passengers flying first will experience the new soft product.
The airline, celebrating its centenary in 2019 with a number of retro-livery jets, is in the process of investing £6.5 billion in the next five years to enhance its cabins, catering, lounges and Wi-Fi, as well as introducing new aircraft, such as the Airbus A350.
The changes to its first-class soft product include new loungewear and amenity kits designed exclusively by the British fashion brand Temperley London. The amenity kit will be filled with products from ELEMIS, a British skincare brand.
Other changes include the introduction of new china crockery designed by William Edwards, cutlery from Studio William and glassware from Dartington including cut-glass tumblers — all British brands.
New a la carte menus are set to focus on seasonal British ingredients. And, first class passengers can expect a new signature afternoon tea service, featuring a menu of sandwiches, pastries, scones and a wide range of teas.
When ready for bed, an improved turndown service will help first class passengers settle in. The improved soft product features 400-thread count bedding, a foam fiber mattress topper, as well as day blankets and bolster cushions.
British Airways is also set to unveil its new Club World product later this year. The new Club World seat will be installed on British Airways’ new Airbus A350 aircraft and retrofitted on its fleet of Boeing 777s. The first A350 is expected to be delivered to British Airways ahead of the summer and will enter service in the second half of the year. The A350 will not have a first-class cabin, but the enhanced Club World seat will offer aisle access for all passengers.
Additionally, the airline recently announced a big order for the Boeing 777-9 to replace its aging Boeing 747s. The incoming 777 jets will feature a first class cabin.
Featured image courtesy of British Airways.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees