Disney confirms opening date for Avengers Campus
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Editor’s note: This is a recurring post, regularly updated with new information.
Good news — the Avengers are almost ready to assemble at Disney’s California Adventure Park in Anaheim.
There are now more reasons to consider a summer trip to Disneyland and California Adventure..
California reopened amusement parks to state residents on April 1, 2021, and Disney is anticipating the official reopening of Disneyland to happen on April 30.
We’ve just learned that the brand-new Avengers Campus at Disney California Adventure Park will open on June 4, 2021, just a couple of months after the Disneyland parks reopen.
What to expect
Disney describes this soon-to-open land as “immersive” in all things Avengers.
This isn’t just about meeting the Avengers for a photo op, it is an opportunity for your kids (or yourself) to become one of the superheroes alongside Iron Man, Black Widow, Black Panther, Spider-Man, Ant-Man and more. There will be an all-heights ride-through Spider-Man attraction called “Web Slingers: A Spider-Man Adventure” that I’ve seen described as similar to Toy Story Mania! in that it is an interactive game for the whole family. On this ride, you’ll actually help Spider-Man collect Spider-Bots using your web-slinging powers.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
Avengers Campus will join the already open Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: Breakout! ride at California Adventure. (That ride was actually converted a few years ago from the previous Tower of Terror attraction.)
The Avengers themselves will also be found around campus doing what they do best — helping keep the world safe. This will even include a Spider-Man “stuntronic” who shoots webs that allow him to flip and “fly” through the sky high above the Avenger Campus. Tom Holland will be reprising his role as Spider-Man through innovative technology specifically created for this attraction.
And be on the lookout for Spider-Man in person, and not just virtually, swinging above Avengers Campus with stunts never before seen at any other Disney theme park.
Avenger’s Campus didn’t forget about Dr. Strange. You can visit Dr. Strange’s ancient sanctum where he will be training recruits in the mystic arts. Be sure to visit the sanctum at night when the area glows and pulses with mystic energy!
Don’t forget to stop by WEB suppliers before leaving Avenger’s Campus, a store where you can find the latest inventions such as Spider-Bots (and specially designed backpacks to carry them) as well as other hero supplies. You’ll definitely want souvenirs to commemorate your time at such an epic new Disney installation.
Avengers-themed dining options
At the Avengers Campus, you’ll also find Pym Test Kitchen — as in the Pym from Ant-Man and the Wasp who can shrink people and things down to sub-atomic size … and then blow them up to gigantic proportions. So, it’s no surprise that you’ll find both “supersized” and “supershrunk” foods to try such as large and micro meatballs with pasta. Adult beverages can be found at Pym Tasting Lab and both locations are available through mobile ordering on the Disneyland app.
Other dining options at the Avengers Campus at Disneyland Resort include the Avenger’s favorite food carts: Shawarma Palace and Taneleer Tivan.
Planning your Disney vacation
If you are making the trip later this year, here are some tips for using points to cover the cost of your Disney tickets, as well as a guide to spending some time in Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge that opened in 2019.
When it comes to choosing lodging near Disneyland, you have lots of options.
I’m partial to the Disneyland Hotel and Disney’s Grand Californian if you want to go all-in on a Disney experience, but the nearby Fairfield Anaheim Resort is an easy walk to the parks and is a Marriott Category 5 hotel (so you could potentially use an up to 35k certificate from your Marriott Bonvoy Boundless Credit Card). The Courtyard Anaheim Theme Park Entrance is another great choice (with a waterpark), but it is pricier as a Category 7 Marriott.
Read on for more information about planning and maximizing a trip to Disneyland:
- Best restaurants at Disneyland
- Best times to visit Disneyland
- How much does a Disneyland vacation cost
- How to avoid lines at Disneyland
Avenger’s Campus is the latest addition to Disney California Adventure Park, opening June 4, 2021. We don’t yet know exactly when out-of-state visitors will be permitted to visit California theme parks, so keep that in mind before going all-in on planning a trip to see your favorite Marvel superheroes such as Black Panther, Iron Man, Black Widow and in action.
You might even catch Spider-Man himself swinging through the campus in just a couple more months.
Additional reporting by Melissa Klurman.
Featured image courtesy of Disneyland.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs up to two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide including takeout and delivery in the U.S., and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $80 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® after you apply through any Authorized Enrollment Provider. If approved for Global Entry, at no additional charge, you will receive access to TSA PreCheck.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees