Avengers assemble! Disney announces opening date for new Avengers Campus
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Good news — the Avengers are almost ready to assemble at Disney’s California Adventure Park in Anaheim.
At today’s annual Disney annual investor meeting, the company announced a good reason to consider a summer trip out to Disneyland and California Adventure: The brand-new Avengers Campus at Disney California Adventure Park has an official opening date of July 18, 2020.
Disney describes this soon-to-open land as “immersive” in all things Avengers. This isn’t just about meeting the Avengers for a photo op, it is an opportunity for your kids (or yourself) to become one of the superheroes alongside Iron Man, Black Widow, Black Panther, Spider-Man, Ant-Man and more. There will be an all-heights ride-through Spider-Man attraction called “Web Slingers: A Spider-Man Adventure” that I’ve seen described as similar to Toy Story Mania! in that it is an interactive game for the whole family. On this ride, you’ll actually help Spider-Man collect Spider-Bots using your web-slinging powers.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
Of course, this new attraction will join the already open and pretty darn fun Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: Breakout! ride at California Adventure. (That ride was actually converted a few years ago from the previous Tower of Terror attraction.)
At the Avengers Campus, you’ll also find Pym’s Test Kitchen — as in the Pym from Ant-Man and the Wasp who can shrink people and things down to sub-atomic size … and then blow them up to gigantic proportions. So, it’s no surprise that you’ll find both “supersized” and “supershrunk” foods to try.
The Avengers themselves will also be found in the land doing what they do best — helping keep the world safe. This will even include a Spider-Man “stuntronic” who shoots webs that allow him to flip and “fly” through the sky high above the Avenger Campus.
If you are making the trip this summer, here are some tips for using points to cover the cost of your Disney tickets, as well as a guide to spending some time in Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge that opened in 2019.
When it comes to choosing lodging near Disneyland, you have lots of options. I’m partial to the Disneyland Hotel and Disney’s Grand Californian if you want to go all-in on a Disney experience, but the nearby Fairfield Anaheim Resort is an easy walk to the parks and is a Marriott Category 5 hotel (so you could potentially use an up to 35k certificate from your Marriott Bonvoy Boundless Credit Card). The Courtyard Anaheim Theme Park Entrance is another great choice (with a waterpark), but it is pricier as a Category 7 Marriott.
Read on for more information about planning and maximizing a trip to Disneyland:
- Best restaurants at Disneyland
- Best times to visit Disneyland
- How much does a Disneyland vacation cost
- How to avoid lines at Disneyland
Featured image courtesy of Disneyland.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.