Avelo Airlines’ route map now includes 30 destinations with addition of Palm Springs
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Avelo Airlines will make Palm Springs its newest city, launching seasonal three routes from the Southern California city this fall.
The budget startup carrier’s first Palm Springs International Airport (PSP) flights begin Nov. 11, with service to Charles M. Schulz–Sonoma County Airport (STS) in Santa Rosa, California, and to Redmond Municipal Airport (RDM) and Eugene Airport (EUG) in Oregon. Avelo will fly two flights a week on each of the routes with 189-seat Boeing 737-800 aircraft.
Avelo will not face direct competition on any of its initial Palm Springs routes, which are currently scheduled to operate through the end of April.
Want more airline-specific news? Sign up for TPG’s free new biweekly Aviation newsletter.
The addition of Palm Springs will grow Avelo’s route map to 30 cities — a rapid ramp-up for a carrier that just began flying in April 2021.
It follows an expansion spurt Avelo announced last week, when the carrier unveiled four new cities in the eastern half of the U.S. Flights at those new Avelo destinations — Kalamazoo/Battle Creek International Airport (AZO) and Capital Region International Airport (LAN) in Michigan, as well as Bluegrass Airport (LEX) in Kentucky and Newport News/Williamsburg International Airport (PHF) in Virginia, will begin in October.
Palm Springs was one of the nation’s fastest-growing markets during the pandemic as airlines rushed to add service to outdoor-oriented destinations that allowed for more social distancing.
Avelo is one of three budget startups that launched in the U.S. during the pandemic, and it will be the second to add Palm Springs to its network.
Aha! began flying from PSP in 2021 with service to its main base in Reno. Breeze Airways, the third of those startups, serves Southern California from San Bernardino, about 55 miles west of Palm Springs. Breeze also is expected to begin flying from Los Angeles this fall.
The full schedule of Avelo’s new Palm Springs flights is:.
Palm Springs-Santa Rosa
- Begins Nov. 11 with a “special inaugural flight.”
- Regular service begins Nov. 14, with one round-trip flight each Monday and Friday.
- Flights depart STS at 2:40 p.m., arriving at PSP at 4:20 p.m.
- Flights depart PSP at 1:30 p.m., arriving at STS at 3:10 p.m.
- Service begins Nov. 11.
- One round-trip flight each Monday and Friday.
- Flights depart RDM at 10:45 a.m., arriving at PSP at 12:50 p.m.
- Flights depart PSP at 5 p.m., arriving at RDM at 7 p.m.
- Service begins Nov. 12.
- One round-trip flight each Saturday and Wednesday.
- Flights depart EUG at 10:45 a.m., arriving at PSP at 12:55 p.m.
- Flights depart PSP at 1:35 p.m., arriving at EUG at 3:40 p.m.
Thinking of flying Avelo? Read more about the airline here:
- Fanfare galore: What it was like flying on Avelo Airlines’ inaugural flight
- ‘It’s surreal’: What it was like on Avelo Airlines’ inaugural East Coast flight
- Try it, you’ll like it: A flight review of the startup airline Avelo
Featured photo by Joe Scarnici/Getty Images for Avelo.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Receive 1 Free Night Award every year after your Card account anniversary. Plus, earn an additional Free Night Award after you spend $60K in purchases on your Card in a calendar year. Awards can be used for one night (redemption level at or under 35,000 Marriott Bonvoy points) at hotels participating in the Marriott Bonvoy program.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 125,000 Marriott Bonvoy Bonus Points after spending $5,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months of Card Membership. Offer expires 8/31/22.
- 6x points at hotels participating in the Marriott Bonvoy™ program.
- 4x points for purchases made at restaurants worldwide, at U.S. gas stations, on wireless telephone services purchased directly from U.S. service providers and on U.S. purchases for shipping.
- 2x points on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a 7% discount off standard rates for reservations of standard guest rooms at hotels that participate in the Marriott Bonvoy program when you book directly. Terms and Conditions Apply.
- Receive 1 Free Night Award every year after your Card renewal month. Plus, earn an additional Free Night Award after you spend $60K in purchases on your Card in a calendar year. Awards can be used for one night (redemption level at or under 35,000 Marriott Bonvoy points) at a participating hotel. Certain hotels have resort fees.
- Enjoy Complimentary Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite Status with your Card.
- Terms apply.
- See Rates & Fees