Look inside the Amex Centurion pop-up lounge in Vail
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Editor’s note: This story originally ran on Jan. 15, it has been updated with additional information.
The ritzy ski Colorado destination of Vail and the Amex Platinum Card go together like caviar and Champagne. And if you happen to have The Platinum Card® from American Express or an Amex Centurion card, and find yourself in Vail this long ski weekend, you’re in luck. Starting on Jan. 16, and lasting for the duration of the Martin Luther King weekend, there is a luxury Amex Centurion Lounge pop-up location in the heart of Vail.
The Vail pop-up Centurion Lounge location is open Jan. 16–20 from noon–6 p.m. daily at the Cortina Ballroom within the Arrabelle Hotel in Vail Square.
As you walk into the lounge, you’ll see the recognizable American Express green wall — but in a nod to its location, it is decorated with a row of branded wooden skis.
Amenities within this temporary Amex Centurion lounge include:
- Mile High Spa experience with hair touch-ups, facial refresh and, my favorite, an altitude sickness oxygen bar that can truly work wonders.
- Kid-friendly winter crafts such as sugar cookie decorating (and, of course, eating)
- Signature bar with custom cocktail and wine menus
- Premium food menu showcasing Northern Italian fare curated by the forthcoming executive chef for the Denver Amex Centurion Lounge — Lachlan Mackinnon-Patterson
The purpose of the Vail pop-up is to not only introduce the Denver Centurion Lounge’s selected executive chef but also just build excitement for the upcoming opening lounge opening at Denver International Airport (DEN) expected this year. In fact, the lounge opening was initially expected last year, so fingers crossed it is now coming very soon.
While we don’t yet have a set date for the opening of Denver’s permanent Amex Centurion Lounge, the new Phoenix Centurion Lounge location just opened this month, so there is progress being made across the Amex lounge network. What we do know is that Denver’s Centurion Lounge — when it opens in Terminal C — will be the second-largest in the network at over 14,000 square feet.
Should you wish to visit the Vail pop-up lounge this weekend, be sure and bring your Amex Platinum or Centurion card. Platinum and Centurion Cardholders, along with up to two guests, can enjoy complimentary access.
Featured image courtesy of American Express
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: Up to 100,000 bonus miles
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,040
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X miles on United® purchases
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80K bonus miles after you spend $5,000 on purchases in the first 3 months your account is open. Plus, an additional 20K bonus miles after you spend $10,000 in the first 6 months
- $250 Annual Fee
- Earn 3X miles on United® purchases, 2X miles at restaurants, on select streaming services & all other travel, 1X on all other purchases
- Earn 3X miles on United Airlines purchases
- Earn 2X miles at restaurants and on select streaming services
- Earn 2X miles on all other travel
- Earn 1X mile on all other purchases
- Each year, receive a $125 credit on United® purchases and two 5k-mile anniversary award flight credits. Terms apply.