Look inside the Amex Centurion pop-up lounge in Vail
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Editor’s note: This story originally ran on Jan. 15, it has been updated with additional information.
The ritzy ski Colorado destination of Vail and the Amex Platinum Card go together like caviar and Champagne. And if you happen to have The Platinum Card® from American Express or an Amex Centurion card, and find yourself in Vail this long ski weekend, you’re in luck. Starting on Jan. 16, and lasting for the duration of the Martin Luther King weekend, there is a luxury Amex Centurion Lounge pop-up location in the heart of Vail.
The Vail pop-up Centurion Lounge location is open Jan. 16–20 from noon–6 p.m. daily at the Cortina Ballroom within the Arrabelle Hotel in Vail Square.
As you walk into the lounge, you’ll see the recognizable American Express green wall — but in a nod to its location, it is decorated with a row of branded wooden skis.
Amenities within this temporary Amex Centurion lounge include:
- Mile High Spa experience with hair touch-ups, facial refresh and, my favorite, an altitude sickness oxygen bar that can truly work wonders.
- Kid-friendly winter crafts such as sugar cookie decorating (and, of course, eating)
- Signature bar with custom cocktail and wine menus
- Premium food menu showcasing Northern Italian fare curated by the forthcoming executive chef for the Denver Amex Centurion Lounge — Lachlan Mackinnon-Patterson
The purpose of the Vail pop-up is to not only introduce the Denver Centurion Lounge’s selected executive chef but also just build excitement for the upcoming opening lounge opening at Denver International Airport (DEN) expected this year. In fact, the lounge opening was initially expected last year, so fingers crossed it is now coming very soon.
While we don’t yet have a set date for the opening of Denver’s permanent Amex Centurion Lounge, the new Phoenix Centurion Lounge location just opened this month, so there is progress being made across the Amex lounge network. What we do know is that Denver’s Centurion Lounge — when it opens in Terminal C — will be the second-largest in the network at over 14,000 square feet.
Related: Using points and miles to book an affordable Vail ski trip
Should you wish to visit the Vail pop-up lounge this weekend, be sure and bring your Amex Platinum or Centurion card. Platinum and Centurion Cardholders, along with up to two guests, can enjoy complimentary access.
Featured image courtesy of American Express
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees