Amex confirms massive, brand-new Seattle Centurion Lounge coming soon
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Despite the pandemic, American Express has been working to greatly improve its network of upscale Centurion Lounges.
In addition to new outposts cropping up all over the country, the issuer is expanding four of its existing locations, including one of its smallest, in the Seattle Tacoma International Airport (SEA).
What first opened as a “Centurion Studio” quickly outgrew its tiny space. Amex worked to add more space, but the issuer’s Pacific Northwest flagship remained overcrowded, even during the pandemic with a capacity cap.
For more travel tips and news, sign up for our daily newsletter.
Fortunately, help is on the way. Amex confirms that it’s building a brand-new outpost on the mezzanine level of the Central Terminal set to open late next year. The best part? At more than 13,800 square feet, this new space will triple in size.
Other amenities include improved airfield and Olympic Mountain views, added restrooms, phone booths, cozy nooks and more. While the current lounge lacks even the most basic amenities like plentiful and clean restrooms, the new space should bring the offerings up to par.
American Express intends to abandon the current location once the construction is complete. Based on the plans, Amex recently signed a 10-year lease for the new space, at $3 million per year for the first five years (with adjustments thereafter), and about $16.5 million for the build-out.
Additionally, Amex is working towards opening two other brand-new locations. The London-Heathrow (LHR) lounge will open later this year in Terminal 3. Next year, the issuer will open its 16th outpost in Washington, D.C.’s Reagan National Airport (DCA).
Featured rendering courtesy of American Express
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases.
- 2X points on dining at restaurants including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.