Amex confirms massive, brand-new Seattle Centurion Lounge coming soon
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Despite the pandemic, American Express has been working to greatly improve its network of upscale Centurion Lounges.
In addition to new outposts cropping up all over the country, the issuer is expanding four of its existing locations, including one of its smallest, in the Seattle Tacoma International Airport (SEA).
What first opened as a “Centurion Studio” quickly outgrew its tiny space. Amex worked to add more space, but the issuer’s Pacific Northwest flagship remained overcrowded, even during the pandemic with a capacity cap.
For more travel tips and news, sign up for our daily newsletter.
Fortunately, help is on the way. Amex confirms that it’s building a brand-new outpost on the mezzanine level of the Central Terminal set to open late next year. The best part? At more than 13,800 square feet, this new space will triple in size.
Other amenities include improved airfield and Olympic Mountain views, added restrooms, phone booths, cozy nooks and more. While the current lounge lacks even the most basic amenities like plentiful and clean restrooms, the new space should bring the offerings up to par.
American Express intends to abandon the current location once the construction is complete. Based on the plans, Amex recently signed a 10-year lease for the new space, at $3 million per year for the first five years (with adjustments thereafter), and about $16.5 million for the build-out.
Additionally, Amex is working towards opening two other brand-new locations. The London-Heathrow (LHR) lounge will open later this year in Terminal 3. Next year, the issuer will open its 16th outpost in Washington, D.C.’s Reagan National Airport (DCA).
Featured rendering courtesy of American Express
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees