Amex confirms massive, brand-new Seattle Centurion Lounge coming soon
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Despite the pandemic, American Express has been working to greatly improve its network of upscale Centurion Lounges.
In addition to new outposts cropping up all over the country, the issuer is expanding four of its existing locations, including one of its smallest, in the Seattle Tacoma International Airport (SEA).
What first opened as a “Centurion Studio” quickly outgrew its tiny space. Amex worked to add more space, but the issuer’s Pacific Northwest flagship remained overcrowded, even during the pandemic with a capacity cap.
For more travel tips and news, sign up for our daily newsletter.
Fortunately, help is on the way. Amex confirms that it’s building a brand-new outpost on the mezzanine level of the Central Terminal set to open late next year. The best part? At more than 13,800 square feet, this new space will triple in size.
Other amenities include improved airfield and Olympic Mountain views, added restrooms, phone booths, cozy nooks and more. While the current lounge lacks even the most basic amenities like plentiful and clean restrooms, the new space should bring the offerings up to par.
American Express intends to abandon the current location once the construction is complete. Based on the plans, Amex recently signed a 10-year lease for the new space, at $3 million per year for the first five years (with adjustments thereafter), and about $16.5 million for the build-out.
Additionally, Amex is working towards opening two other brand-new locations. The London-Heathrow (LHR) lounge will open later this year in Terminal 3. Next year, the issuer will open its 16th outpost in Washington, D.C.’s Reagan National Airport (DCA).
Featured rendering courtesy of American Express
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees