A brand-new Amex Centurion Lounge is coming to LaGuardia Airport
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Fans of the Amex Centurion Lounge network will soon have an all-new space to enjoy.
As part of the LaGuardia redevelopment project, the airport’s newest building — the Terminal B Arrivals and Departures Hall — opened earlier this summer. The old terminal, home to the original Centurion Lounge at LGA, is no longer operational.
As Amex lounges begin to reopen, cardmembers will need a wait a little longer to access the Centurion Lounge at LGA. That’s because the airport is getting a brand-new lounge in the state-of-the-art Terminal B. (The Philadelphia and Seattle locations will be the first to reopen on Oct. 5, followed by the other existing locations in the coming weeks and months.)
TPG first broke the news of this new LGA location in June, which was confirmed by the executive director of the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey, Rick Cotton. And today, Amex has confirmed its plans — and offered some additional details.
For more travel tips and news, sign up for our daily newsletter.
The Centurion Lounge at LGA will double in size, going from roughly 5,350 square feet to over 10,000 square feet. This is welcome news for Platinum Card® from American Express cardmembers. Though overcrowding likely won’t be an issue for a few years, there will hopefully be enough space for all flyers when demand returns to the historic highs of 2019.
The new LGA lounge is slated to open in 2021. It will feature a family room, additional workspaces, private telephone rooms and sweeping views of New York City.
The best news, however, is that this new lounge is going to be located after security (whereas the original location was pre-security).
Indeed, if you take a look at the signage in the new concourse, you’ll find the listing and location for the new Centurion Lounge at LGA. It’ll be located one level above security, right before the Eastern Concourse pedestrian bridge.
Sign for the new Amex Centurion Lounge at LGA (Photo by Zach Griff/The Points Guy)
The entrance to the lounge is currently undetectable to travelers, as it’s covered with wallpaper and doesn’t yet feature the Centurion’s signature blue door.
The new LGA location joins three other new lounges under construction in Denver (DEN), London Heathrow (LHR) and New York-JFK. All three locations are on track to open by the end of 2020.
Additionally, Amex recently announced that it is renovating its first-ever Centurion Lounge in Las Vegas, expanding the space by 50%. Like the new LGA lounge, the overhauled Las Vegas lounge should be complete in 2021.
Related: Why you should get the Amex Platinum
In recent months, Amex has sweetened the deal for cardholders currently stuck at home. The issuer added credits for streaming and wireless telephone carriers for the rest of the year for all holders of The Platinum Card® from American Express.
But these temporary adjustments haven’t stopped Amex from working on new lounges and expanding current locations. And as the existing outposts begin to reopen, there’s truly no better time to a Platinum cardholder.
Featured photo by Zach Griff/The Points Guy
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees