American Airlines will add hard seltzer to drink menu
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Passengers looking to take the edge off or unwind a little on American flights will have new beverage options beginning next month.
The airline will start serving Truly Hard Seltzer on select flights starting Jan. 1. The adult beverages are expected to be available on all flights by Feb. 1.
On the ground, Truly Hard Seltzer is available in about a dozen flavors, including watermelon and kiwi, pineapple and raspberry lime. American will offer the wild berry flavor on its flights initially, but expects to add other varieties in the future.
The beverage will be available for $8 in economy on most flights and will be complimentary on international flights on which beer is served for free.
American has made a series of changes to its menus recently, updating its Flagship dining options onboard and on the ground, and switching cookie choices for domestic first class passengers. With the addition of Truly Hard Seltzer, American joins JetBlue in adding the beverage to its alcohol lineup.
Featured photo by JT Genter/The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases.
- 2X points on dining at restaurants including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.