Cheers: JetBlue to offer hard seltzer on its flights
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Hard seltzer fanatics, rejoice: JetBlue is the first airline to announce a partnership with Truly Hard Seltzer, the alcoholic beverage brand people everywhere are calling ‘pretty fizzy’ and ‘kind of fruity.’ All jokes aside, Truly Hard Seltzer and JetBlue will be offering Truly Wild Berry on flights, though no specific date has yet been announced.
Truly Wild Berry is one of thirteen different flavors offered by the seltzer company, all of which feature less calories and sugar than most other alcoholic beverages. This is due to the fermentation process, which utilizes malt instead of the usual sugar. As a personal fan of the drinks, I can tell you that they’re inoffensive and easy to drink, which is about as good as you can hope for with alcohol.
Unfortunately, there isn’t a price point yet for these drinks, but JetBlue charges $8 for its beers and hard ciders, so I’d guess that this will be about the same. That’s about average for airline pricing, but outrageous in comparison to its standard price, which runs around $14 for a pack of twelve.
Overall, this is a pleasant development for JetBlue flyers. It’s always nice to see airlines expanding their offerings and this partnership is no different. I’m looking forward to my first taste of hard seltzer 35,000 feet in the air.
Feature photo by Katie Genter/The Points Guy
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees