Cheers: JetBlue to offer hard seltzer on its flights
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Hard seltzer fanatics, rejoice: JetBlue is the first airline to announce a partnership with Truly Hard Seltzer, the alcoholic beverage brand people everywhere are calling ‘pretty fizzy’ and ‘kind of fruity.’ All jokes aside, Truly Hard Seltzer and JetBlue will be offering Truly Wild Berry on flights, though no specific date has yet been announced.
Truly Wild Berry is one of thirteen different flavors offered by the seltzer company, all of which feature less calories and sugar than most other alcoholic beverages. This is due to the fermentation process, which utilizes malt instead of the usual sugar. As a personal fan of the drinks, I can tell you that they’re inoffensive and easy to drink, which is about as good as you can hope for with alcohol.
Unfortunately, there isn’t a price point yet for these drinks, but JetBlue charges $8 for its beers and hard ciders, so I’d guess that this will be about the same. That’s about average for airline pricing, but outrageous in comparison to its standard price, which runs around $14 for a pack of twelve.
Overall, this is a pleasant development for JetBlue flyers. It’s always nice to see airlines expanding their offerings and this partnership is no different. I’m looking forward to my first taste of hard seltzer 35,000 feet in the air.
Feature photo by Katie Genter/The Points Guy
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.