Cheers: JetBlue to offer hard seltzer on its flights
Hard seltzer fanatics, rejoice: JetBlue is the first airline to announce a partnership with Truly Hard Seltzer, the alcoholic beverage brand people everywhere are calling ‘pretty fizzy’ and ‘kind of fruity.’ All jokes aside, Truly Hard Seltzer and JetBlue will be offering Truly Wild Berry on flights, though no specific date has yet been announced.
Truly Wild Berry is one of thirteen different flavors offered by the seltzer company, all of which feature less calories and sugar than most other alcoholic beverages. This is due to the fermentation process, which utilizes malt instead of the usual sugar. As a personal fan of the drinks, I can tell you that they’re inoffensive and easy to drink, which is about as good as you can hope for with alcohol.
Unfortunately, there isn’t a price point yet for these drinks, but JetBlue charges $8 for its beers and hard ciders, so I’d guess that this will be about the same. That’s about average for airline pricing, but outrageous in comparison to its standard price, which runs around $14 for a pack of twelve.
Overall, this is a pleasant development for JetBlue flyers. It’s always nice to see airlines expanding their offerings and this partnership is no different. I’m looking forward to my first taste of hard seltzer 35,000 feet in the air.
Feature photo by Katie Genter/The Points Guy
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.