American Airlines introduces new Flagship menu items
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
American Airlines will introduce new dishes in its Flagship cabins, lounges and dining locations beginning next month.
In Flagship First and Flagship Business from the U.S. to Europe and South America and on transcontinental flights between New York John F. Kennedy International Airport and Los Angeles or San Francisco, passengers will see new pasta dish choices: artichoke ravioli and spinach and ricotta rotolo. Those options will be available beginning Dec. 11.
On the ground, American’s Flagship lounges will have a new Tuscan kale salad with beets, apples, goat cheese, spiced sesame, sunflower and pumpkin seed medley with tahini dressing. The salad will be available starting Dec. 3.
Flagship lounges are accessible by any passengers traveling in Flagship First or business classes on most international and select transcontinental flights. High-tier AAdvantage members and Sapphire-level (and above) oneworld frequent fliers can also gain access based on their status.
American’s exclusive Flagship First dining locations, which have sit-down table service, will also see new menu options on Dec. 3. Those dishes are grilled Roman-style artichokes with black truffle, fontina fonduta and fresh lemon; mushroom bolognese and dark chocolate budino. The Flagship First dining areas are open to first-class customers traveling on select international flights that include a first- and business-class cabin. First-class customers on American’s three-class (first, business and economy) transcontinental flights also have access.
The new dishes are the result of American’s new partnership with the James Beard Foundation, and the recipes were created exclusively for the airline by chef Sarah Grueneberg.
Not quite in the right tier to taste the new dishes next year? Check out our guide on last minute strategies to boost your AA status.
Featured photo by JT Genter/The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees