American Airlines introduces new Flagship menu items
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
American Airlines will introduce new dishes in its Flagship cabins, lounges and dining locations beginning next month.
In Flagship First and Flagship Business from the U.S. to Europe and South America and on transcontinental flights between New York John F. Kennedy International Airport and Los Angeles or San Francisco, passengers will see new pasta dish choices: artichoke ravioli and spinach and ricotta rotolo. Those options will be available beginning Dec. 11.
On the ground, American’s Flagship lounges will have a new Tuscan kale salad with beets, apples, goat cheese, spiced sesame, sunflower and pumpkin seed medley with tahini dressing. The salad will be available starting Dec. 3.
Flagship lounges are accessible by any passengers traveling in Flagship First or business classes on most international and select transcontinental flights. High-tier AAdvantage members and Sapphire-level (and above) oneworld frequent fliers can also gain access based on their status.
American’s exclusive Flagship First dining locations, which have sit-down table service, will also see new menu options on Dec. 3. Those dishes are grilled Roman-style artichokes with black truffle, fontina fonduta and fresh lemon; mushroom bolognese and dark chocolate budino. The Flagship First dining areas are open to first-class customers traveling on select international flights that include a first- and business-class cabin. First-class customers on American’s three-class (first, business and economy) transcontinental flights also have access.
The new dishes are the result of American’s new partnership with the James Beard Foundation, and the recipes were created exclusively for the airline by chef Sarah Grueneberg.
Not quite in the right tier to taste the new dishes next year? Check out our guide on last minute strategies to boost your AA status.
Featured photo by JT Genter/The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.