American Airlines introduces new Flagship menu items
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
American Airlines will introduce new dishes in its Flagship cabins, lounges and dining locations beginning next month.
In Flagship First and Flagship Business from the U.S. to Europe and South America and on transcontinental flights between New York John F. Kennedy International Airport and Los Angeles or San Francisco, passengers will see new pasta dish choices: artichoke ravioli and spinach and ricotta rotolo. Those options will be available beginning Dec. 11.
On the ground, American’s Flagship lounges will have a new Tuscan kale salad with beets, apples, goat cheese, spiced sesame, sunflower and pumpkin seed medley with tahini dressing. The salad will be available starting Dec. 3.
Flagship lounges are accessible by any passengers traveling in Flagship First or business classes on most international and select transcontinental flights. High-tier AAdvantage members and Sapphire-level (and above) oneworld frequent fliers can also gain access based on their status.
American’s exclusive Flagship First dining locations, which have sit-down table service, will also see new menu options on Dec. 3. Those dishes are grilled Roman-style artichokes with black truffle, fontina fonduta and fresh lemon; mushroom bolognese and dark chocolate budino. The Flagship First dining areas are open to first-class customers traveling on select international flights that include a first- and business-class cabin. First-class customers on American’s three-class (first, business and economy) transcontinental flights also have access.
The new dishes are the result of American’s new partnership with the James Beard Foundation, and the recipes were created exclusively for the airline by chef Sarah Grueneberg.
Not quite in the right tier to taste the new dishes next year? Check out our guide on last minute strategies to boost your AA status.
Featured photo by JT Genter/The Points Guy.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.