First-class cookies: Chocolate chunk knocks out snickerdoodles at American
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
So long, snickerdoodle. Make way for chocolate chunk.
American Airlines introduced a new chocolate chunk cookie earlier this month for passengers flying domestic first class.
The new cookies are produced by Best Maid Cookie Company and were first loaded onto flights on Sept. 11, American spokeswoman Leah Rubertino told TPG.
Rubertino said that the new cookies replace the previous chocolate chunk option — baked by Christie’s Cookies — that had been offered alongside the snickerdoodle option.
She added that, because of high demand, the airline would also be reducing cookie flavor options for travelers in domestic first.
“Our customers love the chocolate chunk so we’ve increased quantities ordered and removed the snickerdoodle to provide our customers even more of what they want,” Rubertino said in an email.
TPG asked American for a photo of the new cookie, but the airline was unable to provide one. If you get one on your next flight, feel free to take a picture and email us at email@example.com so we can show everyone else what it looks like.
Featured photo by Victoria Walker / The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.