Allegiant adds 6 new routes, 1 new airport in latest route map update
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The newest airport for Allegiant is Phoenix Sky Harbor (PHX), though it’s not an entirely new destination. The budget airline has longed served nearby Phoenix-Mesa Gateway (AZA), the metro area’s secondary airport, where it is by far the busiest carrier. AZA, about 30 miles southeast of downtown Phoenix, is served only by two other U.S. carriers — Avelo and Sun Country — that each currently offer just one route from the airport. Canadian airlines WestJet and Swoop also flew from AZA prior to the pandemic.
As for Allegiant’s expansion to PHX, its first flights there will begin in October with nonstop service to both Provo, Utah (PVU) and Stockton, California (SCK).
Want more airline-specific news? Sign up for TPG’s free new biweekly Aviation newsletter!
For now, the Stockton route will essentially replace Allegiant’s existing service on the route from AZA that will go on “hiatus” that same month.
Allegiant spokesperson Hilarie Grey told TPG that the carrier remains pleased with its base at AZA, which it serves with flights to nearly 50 nonstop destinations. But the Stockton route was one the airline thought might perform well from its expanded Phoenix footprint at Sky Harbor.
“We feel like offering service to Stockton from Sky Harbor may better serve our Phoenix customers, especially those on the west side of the city,” Grey said. “At Allegiant, we’ve always been nimble and willing to try new things in our network and this route is an example of that.”
Still, AZA secured another new route in the expansion, picking up a cross-country flight to Pittsburgh (PIT) that’s set to start Aug. 19.
Florida also landed three new routes in Allegiant’s expansion, with St. Petersburg (PIE) getting two new routes and Fort Lauderdale (FLL) one.
All six of Allegiant’s new routes will operate year-round with two flights per week. A full list of the new routes is below.
Phoenix Sky Harbor (PHX)
- Provo, Utah (PVU): Service begins Oct. 8
- Stockton, California (SCK): Service begins Oct. 15
- Pittsburgh (PIT): Service begins Aug. 19
St. Petersburg/Clearwater, Florida (PIE)
- Fayetteville/Bentonville, Arkansas (XNA): Service begins July 2
- Provo, Utah (PVU): Service begins Oct. 7
Fort Lauderdale (FLL)
- Fayetteville/Bentonville, Arkansas (XNA): Service begins Oct. 8
Featured photo by Zach Griff/The Points Guy
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees