Allegiant adds 4 new cities in 23-route expansion
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Allegiant is adding four new cities to its route map, part of 23-route expansion announced Tuesday.
Austin also was a big winner in the update, landing seven new nonstop routes. The Austin growth coincides with Allegiant’s formal opening of a crew base there and comes amid broader competition that has made the Texas capital one of the hottest aviation markets in the U.S.
As for the four new pins joining Allegiant’s route map, two are major airports – Minneapolis/St. Paul and Washington Dulles – that continue the company’s recent trend of pushing into bigger metro areas.
The other two additions are more traditional Allegiant cities, including the beach-friendly destination of Melbourne on Florida’s “Space Coast.” Melbourne’s airport also sits just about 70 miles from Orlando and its popular theme parks.
The last new pin – Amarillo, Texas – is the type of smaller market that the airline has typically focused on by connecting it to popular leisure destinations. Allegiant will debut in Amarillo with flights to both Las Vegas and Austin.
Allegiant’s service from Minneapolis/St. Paul will begin in October, when it will begin flying to two Florida destinations (Punta Gorda near Fort Myers and West Palm Beach) as well as Asheville, North Carolina – the latter perhaps one of the more interesting city-pairs in the route update. But the Punta Gorda route is almost certainly aimed at rival budget carrier Sun Country, which operates its largest base at MSP. Sun Country recently announced its own service from MSP to Punta Gorda that is set to begin in December. Punta Gorda is dominated by Allegiant, which flies dozens of routes from the airport —where it’s also currently the only passenger carrier. Sun Country would become just the second airline at the airport once its Minneapolis service begins.
Allegiant’s Washington Dulles schedule will begin in November with the launch of the first of two routes to Florida. The Dulles service grows Allegiant’s presence in the greater Washington-Baltimore metro area. The carrier already flies about a half-dozen routes from Baltimore/Washington International (BWI).
Elsewhere, several other of Allegiant’s bases are getting multiple new routes, including three for Nashville. Among Nashville’s new offerings is a nonstop route to Palm Springs, California, that begins Nov. 17.
A full list of Allegiant’s new routes is below. All will begin with a schedule of two flights per week. Some routes are listed more than once if they appear under more than one city breakout.
Hello, Nashville! Allegiant Air latest to plan base in booming Nashville
Allegiant’s new cities
Amarillo, Texas (AMA)
- Austin (AUS): Begins Nov. 18
- Las Vegas (LAS): Begins Oct. 14
Melbourne, Florida (MLB)
- Concord/Charlotte, North Carolina (USA): Begins Nov. 18
- Nashville (BNA): Begins Nov. 18
- Pittsburgh (PIT): Begins Nov. 11
Minneapolis/St. Paul (MSP)
- Asheville, North Carolina (AVL): Begins Oct. 7
- Punta Gorda, Florida (PGD): Begins Oct. 8
- West Palm Beach (PBI): Begins Oct. 7
Washington Dulles (IAD)
- Jacksonville, Florida (JAX): Begins Nov. 19
- Sarasota/Bradenton, Florida (SRQ): Begins Dec. 18
Allegiant’s new routes from existing cities
- Amarillo, Texas (AMA): Begins Nov. 18
- Louisville (SDF): Begins Nov. 18
- Orange County, California (SNA): Begins Nov. 18
- Provo, Utah (PVU): Begins Nov. 18
- Sioux Falls, South Dakota (FSD): Begins Nov. 18
- Springfield, Missouri (SGF): Begins Nov. 18
- Tulsa (TUL): Begins Nov. 18
Fort Lauderdale (FLL)
- Des Moines, Iowa (DSM): Begins Oct. 6
Houston Hobby (HOU)
- Fayetteville/Bentonville, Arkansas (XNA): Begins Nov. 19
- Jacksonville, Florida (JAX): Begins Nov. 18
- Melbourne, Florida (MLB): Begins Nov. 18
- Palm Springs, California (PSP): Begins Nov. 17
Orange County, California (SNA)
- Austin (AUS): Begins Nov. 18
- Eugene, Oregon (EUG): Oct. 8
Punta Gorda, Florida (PGD)
- Minneapolis/St. Paul: Begins Oct. 8
- Springfield, Missouri (SGF): Begins Nov. 19
St. Petersburg, Florida (PIE)
- Wichita, Kansas (ICT): Begins Nov. 19
Featured photo by Zach Griff/The Points Guy
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees