Get Your Guac On: Admirals Club Locations That Are Serving Avocado Toast, Guacamole
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Over the last few years, American Airlines has been putting a substantial investment into its lounges: $220 million, to be exact. Most notably, the world’s largest airline has opened excellent new Flagship Lounges at New York Kennedy (JFK), Miami (MIA), Chicago (ORD) and Los Angeles (LAX), with Dallas/Fort Worth (DFW), Philadelphia (PHL) and London Heathrow (LHR) locations in the works.
In addition, AA has also invested substantially in its domestic-focused Admirals Clubs. Renovations have been completed at many of these locations, with Boston (BOS), Charlotte (CLT) and Dallas/Fort Worth (DFW)’s Terminal A being the most recent to reopen with new furnishings and better amenities.
AA is also working on improving its Admirals Club food as well. While the snacks haven’t improved much in years, AA has been experimenting with serving fresh food options at some lounges. In my travels, I’ve found the most popular of these have been the guacamole stations and the newer avocado toast stations introduced in March 2018.
That said, the guacamole and avocado toast stations aren’t at all Admirals Clubs, and that always leaves me wondering if I’m going to get my avocado fix on my next layover. So, we asked AA, and the airline provided the following list of Admirals Clubs that currently serve both avocado toast in the morning and guacamole in the afternoon:
- Boston (BOS)
- Charlotte (CLT): Terminal C
- Chicago O’Hare (ORD): Terminal H/K and G
- Dallas/Fort Worth (DFW): Terminal A, C, D
- Los Angeles (LAX): T4 and T5
- Miami (MIA): D15 and D30
- Nashville (BNA)
- New York Kennedy (JFK)
- New York LaGuardia (LGA)
- Philadelphia (PHL): Terminal A West and B/C
- Phoenix (PHX): Terminal A6 and B
- San Francisco (SFO)
- Washington Reagan (DCA): Terminal C and N
In addition, there’s one lounge that only serves guacamole in the afternoon but not avocado toast in the morning:
- Dallas/Fort Worth (DFW): Terminal B
That leaves these lounges sadly avocado-less:
- Atlanta (ATL)
- Austin (AUS)
- Charlotte (CLT): Terminal B
- Chicago (ORD): Terminal L
- Denver (DEN)
- Houston Intercontinental (IAH)
- John Wayne Airport (SNA)
- Miami (MIA): Terminal E
- Newark (EWR)
- Orlando (MCO)
- Philadelphia (PHL): Terminal A East and F
- Phoenix (PHX): “N1” — Concourse A near gates A19-A21
- Pittsburgh (PIT)
- Raleigh/Durham (RDU)
- St. Louis (STL)
- Tampa (TPA)
There’s no cost for these fresh food perks; you just need to have Admirals Club lounge access. If you don’t already have access, the easiest and cheapest way to get it is through the Citi® / AAdvantage® Executive World Elite Mastercard®.
The annual fee of $450 might cause some initial sticker shock, but this is cheaper than what AA charges for an Admirals Club membership. Plus, you can add up to 10 authorized users, each of whom gets Admirals Club access when flying. Even better, you and all of your authorized users can bring in two guests each visit. Taken to the extreme, that’s a total of 33 travelers that can get into an Admirals Club at one time with just one annual fee.
Featured image courtesy of American Airlines
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Based on TPG’s most recent valuations, the 50,000 miles are worth $815. As of July 23, 2017 this is the only card that offers Admirals Club lounge access so if you are an AA flyer this card might make sense for you. Aside from lounge access the primary cardholder will receive a Global Entry application fee credit every 5 years, first checked bag free for up to 8 travel companions on domestic itineraries and a 25% discount on eligible in-flight purchases on American Airlines flights.
- Earn 50,000 American Airlines AAdvantage® Bonus Miles after spending $5,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening
- Admirals Club® membership for you and access for up to two guests or immediate family members traveling with you
- No Foreign Transaction Fees on purchases
- Earn 2 AAdvantage® miles for every $1 spent on eligible American Airlines purchases and 1 AAdvantage® mile for every $1 spent on other purchases
- First checked bag is free on domestic American Airlines itineraries for you and up to 8 companions traveling with you on the same reservation
- The standard variable APR for Citi Flex Plan is 15.99% - 24.99%, based on your creditworthiness. Citi Flex Plan offers are made available at Citi’s discretion.