See if you are eligible to earn 1,000 bonus American Airlines miles on your next Hyatt stay
Editor’s note: This post has been updated with the latest information.
From Nov. 1, 2021, to Jan. 31, 2022, World of Hyatt members can earn 1,000 bonus American Airlines miles per eligible stay at 190 participating Hyatt hotels and resorts in cities across the U.S. This includes all brands, except for Small Luxury Hotels of the World (SLH).
The promotion is not targeted, but registration with your AAdvantage membership number is required no later than Dec. 15, 2021.
For more travel tips and news, sign up for our daily newsletter.
With this promotion, members can earn 1,000 bonus American Airlines AAdvantage miles per stay at eligible World of Hyatt properties in the U.S.
There’s no limit to how many bonus American miles you can earn under this promotion, so the more you stay, the more you earn. For instance, if you have 13 stays and earn 13,000 miles, you’ll have enough miles for a standard one-way domestic economy award.
Registration is very straightforward. You can register here, then book stays between Nov. 1, 2021, and Jan. 31, 2022. Remember, you must register by Dec. 15 to participate. Your AAdvantage account will be credited with your bonus miles within three to four weeks after the stay is complete.
It’s important to note that these miles are in addition to the one bonus mile AAdvantage elites normally earn per dollar spent with Hyatt.
You do not have to have your World of Hyatt and American Airlines accounts linked in order to be eligible for this promotion. However, doing so comes with perks. For instance, Hyatt previously awarded American Airlines Executive Platinum status to some of its top-tier Globalist members.
Similarly, American Airlines’ top-tier Concierge Key members got automatic Hyatt Globalist status. In other words, it’s probably in your best interest to link your Hyatt and American accounts if you haven’t done so already.
World of Hyatt is offering members the opportunity to earn a hefty haul of bonus American Airlines miles on their upcoming stays.
Even if you don’t have any upcoming trips planned, there’s no harm in registering for the promotion if it’s available to you as it only takes one click to do so. It’s also a good time to be sure your American Airlines and Hyatt accounts are linked, which can unlock ongoing earning benefits and the potential to be included in targeted promotions.
For more benefits, consider adding the World of Hyatt Credit Card to earn a nice haul of points through its current sign-up bonus and receive automatic Hyatt Discoverist status. Alternatively, check out the all-new World of Hyatt Business Credit Card with a 60,000 bonus points after you spend $5,000 on purchases in your first three months from account opening.
Additional reporting by Stella Shon.
Featured photo of the Hyatt Regency JFK at Resorts World by Benji Stawski for The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.