See if you are eligible to earn 1,000 bonus American Airlines miles on your next Hyatt stay
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Editor’s note: This post has been updated with the latest information.
From Nov. 1, 2021, to Jan. 31, 2022, World of Hyatt members can earn 1,000 bonus American Airlines miles per eligible stay at 190 participating Hyatt hotels and resorts in cities across the U.S. This includes all brands, except for Small Luxury Hotels of the World (SLH).
The promotion is not targeted, but registration with your AAdvantage membership number is required no later than Dec. 15, 2021.
For more travel tips and news, sign up for our daily newsletter.
With this promotion, members can earn 1,000 bonus American Airlines AAdvantage miles per stay at eligible World of Hyatt properties in the U.S.
There’s no limit to how many bonus American miles you can earn under this promotion, so the more you stay, the more you earn. For instance, if you have 13 stays and earn 13,000 miles, you’ll have enough miles for a standard one-way domestic economy award.
Registration is very straightforward. You can register here, then book stays between Nov. 1, 2021, and Jan. 31, 2022. Remember, you must register by Dec. 15 to participate. Your AAdvantage account will be credited with your bonus miles within three to four weeks after the stay is complete.
It’s important to note that these miles are in addition to the one bonus mile AAdvantage elites normally earn per dollar spent with Hyatt.
You do not have to have your World of Hyatt and American Airlines accounts linked in order to be eligible for this promotion. However, doing so comes with perks. For instance, Hyatt previously awarded American Airlines Executive Platinum status to some of its top-tier Globalist members.
Similarly, American Airlines’ top-tier Concierge Key members got automatic Hyatt Globalist status. In other words, it’s probably in your best interest to link your Hyatt and American accounts if you haven’t done so already.
World of Hyatt is offering members the opportunity to earn a hefty haul of bonus American Airlines miles on their upcoming stays.
Even if you don’t have any upcoming trips planned, there’s no harm in registering for the promotion if it’s available to you as it only takes one click to do so. It’s also a good time to be sure your American Airlines and Hyatt accounts are linked, which can unlock ongoing earning benefits and the potential to be included in targeted promotions.
For more benefits, consider adding the World of Hyatt Credit Card to earn a nice haul of points through its current sign-up bonus and receive automatic Hyatt Discoverist status. Alternatively, check out the all-new World of Hyatt Business Credit Card with a massive 75,000-point bonus (after spending $7,500 in the first three months of account opening).
Additional reporting by Stella Shon.
Featured photo of the Hyatt Regency JFK at Resorts World by Benji Stawski for The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees