This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
A few days ago we wrote about how you can get $30 off an Amazon order of $60 or more by using 1 Amex Membership Rewards point. Now, Amazon users are reporting renewed success with a similar promotion that is being offered to some Chase card holders.
This promotion for Chase card holders has been active since November, but you might be eligible now even if you weren’t eligible previously. To find out if you’re targeted for this offer to use Chase Ultimate Rewards points and get $15 off an order of $60 or more, click here. If you’re targeted, be sure to click the “Click to activate” button before shopping. Note that although the promotion was originally scheduled to end on Dec. 13, it has been extended until Jan. 27 or until 104,666 customers have redeemed the offer.
Unfortunately, I’m not eligible for the offer again.
Only products sold by Amazon.com are eligible; Amazon gift cards and digital content are explicitly excluded. If you don’t have any specific purchases in mind, consider buying gift cards that you can use such as:
Note that when you activate the promotion, your Chase Ultimate Rewards points will be temporarily set as the default payment method at checkout for a duration of six hours. So, be sure to change your payment method if you make subsequent Amazon purchases after taking advantage of this offer.
Regardless of whether you were targeted for this offer, now is a good time to make sure that all of your cards that earn Chase Ultimate Rewards, Amex Membership Rewards and Citi ThankYou Rewards are linked to your Amazon account. Although paying with points isn’t a good use of your points normally, paying with just one point can unlock excellent value during targeted promotions. Here’s how to link each type of card with Amazon:
- 0% Intro APR for 15 months from account opening on purchases and balance transfers, then a variable APR of 16.99-25.74%. Balance transfer fee is 3% of the amount transferred, $5 minimum
- Unlimited 1.5% cash back on every purchase - it's automatic
- Earn a $150 Bonus after you spend $500 on purchases in your first 3 months from account opening
- No minimum to redeem for cash back
- Cash Back rewards do not expire as long as your account is open
- Free credit score, updated weekly with Credit Journey℠
- No annual fee