Best Airline Credit Cards for Families in 2019
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Airline credit cards are not created equally, especially if you travel with a family. In a perfect world, traveling families would want an airline credit card that provides perks (such as waived bag fees) that will work for the whole crew, have built-in money-saving perks and the ability to earn award miles that are easy to use for family vacations. Thanks to transferrable points programs, such as Chase Ultimate Rewards and Amex Membership Rewards, long gone are the days when earning 1 mile per dollar on an airline credit card is the only option to get closer to an airline award redemption. These days, competition is fierce, and an airline credit card needs to offer tangible benefits and savings to make it into my wallet.
With the needs of a family and valuable wallet real estate in mind, here are seven of the best airline credit cards for families.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.