Capital One Venture Rewards Adds Global Entry/TSA PreCheck Rebate
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
The Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card is a simple way to earn free travel without a lot of messing around with transferring points and searching for award availability. The card earns 2 miles per dollar on all purchases, and the miles can be redeemed as a statement credit against most travel purchases made with the card at a fixed value of 1 cent each, meaning you’re effectively getting a 2% return on all purchases.
But in the last year, Capital One has been working to add a little spice to the card. Now the issuer has added another new benefit. Starting Tuesday, June 12, the Capital One Venture Rewards will come with a rebate on either the $100 application fee for Global Entry, or the $85 fee for TSA PreCheck.
Since membership in the Global Entry program comes with TSA PreCheck as well, it usually makes sense to simply apply for Global Entry and get both, especially when you can get the fee rebated like this. Of course, a number of credit cards also offer Global Entry/TSA PreCheck waivers, but since the $95 annual fee on the Venture Rewards is waived the first year, you can effectively get the rebate for free while trying out this card for a year at no cost.
Already have Global Entry? Don’t forget that you can use the credit card fee rebate for someone else’s application, such as a friend or family member. Just make sure to use your Capital One Venture Rewards card to pay for their Global Entry application when submitting it online. You can think of it as a gift, or as protecting yourself against getting stuck in line at immigration just because your travel partner doesn’t have Global Entry like you do.
Featured image by PAUL J. RICHARDS/AFP/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
SIGN-UP BONUS: Up to 100,000 Miles
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,400
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Miles are now transferrable to several airline partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 100,000 bonus miles when you spend $20,000 on purchases in the first 12 months from account opening, or still earn 50,000 miles if you spend $3000 on purchases in the first 3 months
- Earn unlimited 2X miles on every purchase, every day
- Miles won't expire for the life of the account and there's no limit to how many you can earn
- Receive up to $100 application fee credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®
- Redeem on travel—from vacation rentals to car rentals and more. Plus transfer your miles to over 10+ travel loyalty programs
- Named ‘Best Stand-Alone Card' by The Points Guy, 2019
- No foreign transaction fees