Deal Alert: United Offering 35% off Economy Plus in June
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
United’s 50% off Economy Plus sale from March must have been a hit. The carrier is back with another discounted run, though this time you’ll save a bit less, with a 35% discount on Economy Plus upgrades.
To take advantage of this latest sale, you’ll need to process your upgrade between today and 11:59pm CT on Monday, May 27. The discount is available for departures on any date next month, running from June 1 through June 30.
Other than those date restrictions, this sale is pretty straightforward. You don’t need to enter a promo code — the price you see should reflect the 35% discount. Note that all United and United Express flights are eligible, though basic economy tickets are excluded, since those aren’t eligible for Economy Plus.
Your savings will vary depending on the route, of course. For example, on one of United’s longest flights, from Newark (EWR) to Hong Kong (HKG), I can purchase a prime exit-row seat for $189 — not bad for a ton of extra comfort on a 16-hour flight.
After the sale, that same seat jumps back to the regular price of $294.
As a reminder, if United is listed as your carrier of choice with an American Express card that offers an airline fee credit, you can use that statement credit to cover these discounted upgrades. The following cards award annual airline fee credits:
- Hilton Honors Aspire Card from American Express ($250)
- The Business Platinum Card® from American Express ($200)
- The Platinum Card® from American Express ($200)
- American Express® Gold Card ($100)
It’s worth pointing out that this sale could potentially increase the demand for Economy Plus during the month of June, so if you’re a United elite who usually gets to select these extra-legroom seats for free, you might want to make your pick sooner than later.
- Earn up to 70,000 bonus miles. Earn 60,000 bonus miles after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Plus, earn an additional 10,000 bonus miles after your first anniversary of Card Membership. Offer Expires 4/1/2020.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free and Main Cabin 1 Priority Boarding on Delta flights.
- New! Get ready for your next trip - spend $10,000 in purchases on your card in a calendar year and receive a $100 Delta Flight Credit to get you there sooner.
- Earn 2X Miles on Delta purchases, at restaurants worldwide and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a 20% savings in the form of a statement credit after you use your Card on eligible Delta in-flight purchases of food, beverages, and audio headsets.
- Enjoy a $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $99.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees