Deal Alert: United Offering 35% off Economy Plus in June
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
United’s 50% off Economy Plus sale from March must have been a hit. The carrier is back with another discounted run, though this time you’ll save a bit less, with a 35% discount on Economy Plus upgrades.
To take advantage of this latest sale, you’ll need to process your upgrade between today and 11:59pm CT on Monday, May 27. The discount is available for departures on any date next month, running from June 1 through June 30.
Other than those date restrictions, this sale is pretty straightforward. You don’t need to enter a promo code — the price you see should reflect the 35% discount. Note that all United and United Express flights are eligible, though basic economy tickets are excluded, since those aren’t eligible for Economy Plus.
Your savings will vary depending on the route, of course. For example, on one of United’s longest flights, from Newark (EWR) to Hong Kong (HKG), I can purchase a prime exit-row seat for $189 — not bad for a ton of extra comfort on a 16-hour flight.
After the sale, that same seat jumps back to the regular price of $294.
As a reminder, if United is listed as your carrier of choice with an American Express card that offers an airline fee credit, you can use that statement credit to cover these discounted upgrades. The following cards award annual airline fee credits: (Enrollment required for select benefits.)
- Hilton Honors Aspire Card from American Express (up to $250)
- The Business Platinum Card® from American Express (up to $200)
- The Platinum Card® from American Express (up to $200)
The information for the Hilton Aspire Amex card has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
It’s worth pointing out that this sale could potentially increase the demand for Economy Plus during the month of June, so if you’re a United elite who usually gets to select these extra-legroom seats for free, you might want to make your pick sooner than later.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: Up to 100,000 bonus miles
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,040
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X miles on United® purchases
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80K bonus miles after you spend $5,000 on purchases in the first 3 months your account is open. Plus, an additional 20K bonus miles after you spend $10,000 in the first 6 months
- $250 Annual Fee
- Earn 3X miles on United® purchases, 2X miles at restaurants, on select streaming services & all other travel, 1X on all other purchases
- Earn 3X miles on United Airlines purchases
- Earn 2X miles at restaurants and on select streaming services
- Earn 2X miles on all other travel
- Earn 1X mile on all other purchases
- Each year, receive a $125 credit on United® purchases and two 5k-mile anniversary award flight credits. Terms apply.