Deal alert: Tap Air Portugal flights to Rome from $357
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Rome is usually at the top of the list when it comes to European cities many travelers want to visit. In the capital of Italy, travelers can see historic sites such as the Colosseum and the Pantheon. Tap Air Portugal is offering flights to Rome starting below $400 round-trip from major U.S. cities.
Get more travel news, reviews and tips in your inbox each morning by signing up for TPG’s daily newsletter.
Scott’s Cheap Flights, which offers a premium membership that alerts readers to discounted fares for $49 a year, first published this deal. The offer below is available for travel from September to October.
Airline: TAP Air Portugal
Routes: JFK/MIA/ORD/SFO to FCO
How to book: Directly through the airline or Google Flights
Travel dates: September – October
The deals below are for economy tickets on TAP Air Portugal, which includes a standard seat and carry-on. According to the Tap Air site, a checked bag will cost about $80 extra, depending on currency conversion rates. The offers below include a stop in Lisbon each way.
The cheapest deal we came across is from Chicago (ORD) to Rome (FCO) for $357 round-trip. This price is over $250 cheaper than usual for the dates below, according to Google Flights.
Travelers can take a flight from New York (JFK) to Rome (FCO) for $393 round-trip. The deal below is for the end of October to the beginning of November.
For a few bucks more, there are flight options from Miami (MIA) to Rome (FCO) for $397 round trip.
For those flying from the West Coast, you can go from San Francisco (SFO) to Rome (SFO) for $424 round-trip. According to Google Flights, this price is over $400 cheaper than usual for the dates below in the middle of October.
Maximize your purchase
Pay with: The Platinum Card® from American Express for 5 points per dollar on airfare booked directly with the airline or through American Express Travel (on up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year), the Citi Prestige® Card for 5 points per dollar on airfare, the Citi Premier® Card or Chase Sapphire Reserve for 3 points per dollar on air travel, the American Express® Gold Card for 3 points per dollar on airfare when booked directly with the airline or through Amex Travel, or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card for 2 points per dollar on travel.
The Citi Prestige Card has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
This Italian destination has much to offer travelers, from visiting historic sites to tasting local dishes such as Saltimbocca, veal wrapped in prosciutto. Don’t miss out on this deal to Rome.
Photo by Harald Nachtmann/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs up to two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide including takeout and delivery in the U.S., and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $80 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® after you apply through any Authorized Enrollment Provider. If approved for Global Entry, at no additional charge, you will receive access to TSA PreCheck.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees