SkyMiles deal alert: Flights to Seattle starting at 2,500 miles one-way
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Airfare deals are typically only available on limited dates. We recommend you use Google Flights to find dates to fly, then book through an online travel agency such as Orbitz or Expedia, which allows you to cancel flights without penalty by 11pm Eastern Time within one day of booking. However, if you’re using The Platinum Card® from American Express, you’ll need to book directly with the airline or through the Amex Travel portal to get 5x MR points. Remember: Fares may disappear quickly, so book right away and take advantage of Orbitz or Expedia’s courtesy cancellation if you’re unable to get the time away from work or family.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Delta has just dropped award prices on flights to Seattle (SEA) with one-way flights costing as little as 2,500 SkyMiles. We wrote about a similar deal last month but this one does not require you to book round-trip to unlock the low fares. This deal is available for departures from major cities across the U.S., such as Los Angeles (LAX), Phoenix (PHX), Anchorage (ANC) and Boston (BOS) and is valid for travel through March 2020.
The cheapest award tickets are in Delta’s basic economy — meaning you won’t get advance seat assignments, upgrades or any changes to the flights (after the required 24-hour period). We’re seeing deals in Main Cabin starting at 5,000 SkyMiles one-way. Keep in mind that there are ways to defeat Delta basic economy, such as using a cobranded credit card.
To search, plug in your origin airport atand SEA as your destination. We recommend using Delta’s “Flexible Dates” calendar and making sure to check “shop with miles” when looking at search results.
TPG values each SkyMile at 1.2 cents, so 2,500 miles represents a cash equivalent of just $30. An easy way to earn 2,500 SkyMiles is by submitting a baggage guarantee claim if your checked bag took longer than 20 minutes to come out after a domestic flight. You can also instantly transfer American Express Membership Rewards points to Delta at a 1:1 ratio.
Routes: ANC/BOS/JFK/ORD/LAS/LAX/PHX/PSP/SAN/SFO/TUS to/from SEA
Cost: 2,500+ SkyMiles one-way in basic economy, 5,000+ in Main Cabin (economy) plus taxes and fees
Travel Dates: December 2019 – March 2020
Pay Taxes/Fees With: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare booked directly with the airline), Citi Prestige® Card (5x on airfare), Citi Premier℠ Card (3x on airfare), Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x on airfare), American Express® Gold Card (3x on airfare booked directly with the airline or ) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
Los Angeles (LAX) to Seattle (SEA) for 2,500 SkyMiles + $5.60 one-way nonstop in basic economy:
Phoenix (PHX) to Seattle (SEA) for 2,500 SkyMiles + $5.60 one-way nonstop in basic economy:
San Diego (SAN) to Seattle (SEA) for 2,500 SkyMiles + $5.60 one-way nonstop in basic economy:
Anchorage (ANC) to Seattle (SEA) for 5,000 SkyMiles + $5.60 one-way nonstop in basic economy:
Chicago (ORD) to Seattle (SEA) for 5,000 SkyMiles + $5.60 one-way nonstop in basic economy:
Boston (BOS) to Seattle (SEA) for 6,000 SkyMiles + $5.60 one-way nonstop in basic economy:
Boosting your SkyMiles balance
There are a variety of ways to earn Delta miles — from Delta-operated flights to trips on SkyTeam airlines to various non-travel partners. However, one of the best ways to boost your SkyMiles balance to score a few free trips is by adding one of these cards to your arsenal:
- The Platinum Card® from American Express ($550 annual fee; See Rates & Fees); 60,000-point welcome bonus after you use your new card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first three months, though be sure to check the CardMatch Tool to see if you’re targeted for a 100,000-point welcome bonus after spending $5,000 in the first three months (offer subject to change at any time). You can transfer Membership Rewards points directly to Delta SkyMiles. Terms apply.
- The Business Platinum Card® from American Express ($595 annual fee; See Rates & Fees); Earn up to 75,000 points; 50,000 points after you spend $10,000 and an extra 25,000 points after you spend an additional $10,000 on qualifying purchases within your first three months of cardmembership. Terms apply.
- Delta Reserve for Business Credit Card ($450 annual fee; $550 if application is received on or after Jan. 30, 2020; See Rates & Fees); Earn 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) and 40,000 Bonus Miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months. Terms apply.
- Gold Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express ($95 annual fee; See Rates & Fees); Earn 30,000 bonus miles after you use your new card to make $1,000 in purchases within your first three months and a $50 Statement Credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new card within your first three months. Terms apply.
For rates and fees of the Amex Platinum Card, click here.
For rates and fees of the Amex Business Platinum Card, click here.
For rates and fees of the Delta Reserve Business Card, click here.
For rates and fees of the Gold Delta SkyMiles Card, click here.
Featured image by MILKOVÍ / Unsplash
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.