Delta deal alert: Domestic flights starting at 5,000 SkyMiles round-trip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Delta just dropped award prices on domestic flights from Boston, New York and Seattle to as low as 5,000 SkyMiles round-trip. So far we’re seeing deals to Las Vegas, several cities in Florida and Los Angeles. Note that the cheapest award tickets are in Delta’s basic economy — which you don’t get advance seat assignments, upgrades or any changes to the flights (after the required 24-hour period) — but we’re seeing deals in Main Cabin starting at 10,000 SkyMiles round-trip. Keep in mind that there are ways to defeat Delta basic economy, such as using a cobranded credit card.
To search, plug in your origin airport atalong with one of the sale destinations mentioned below. We recommend using Delta’s “Flexible Dates” calendar, and making sure to check “shop with miles” when looking at search results.
TPG values each SkyMile at 1.2 cents, so 5,000 miles represents a cash equivalent of $60. If you’re in need of SkyMiles, remember that you can instantly transfer American Express Membership Rewards points to Delta at a 1:1 ratio.
Routes: BOS/JFK/SEA – major Delta routes, see full list here
Cost: 5,000+ SkyMiles round-trip in basic economy, 10,000+ in Main Cabin (economy) plus taxes and fees
Pay Taxes/Fees With: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare booked directly with the airline), Citi Prestige®Card (5x on airfare), Citi Premier℠ Card (3x on airfare), Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x on airfare), American Express® Gold Card (3x on airfare booked directly with the airline or amextravel.com) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
Seattle (SEA) to Los Angeles (LAX) for 5,000 SkyMiles + $11.20 round-trip nonstop in basic economy:
Seattle (SEA) to Las Vegas (LAS) for 10,000 SkyMiles + $11.20 round-trip nonstop in Main Cabin:
Boston (BOS) to Jacksonville (JAX) for 10,000 SkyMiles + $11.20 round-trip nonstop in Main Cabin:
Boston (BOS) to Orlando (MCO) for 10,000 SkyMiles + $11.20 round-trip nonstop in Main Cabin:
New York (JFK) to Tampa (TPA) for 10,500 SkyMiles + $11.20 round-trip nonstop in Main Cabin:
New York (JFK) to Miami (MIA) for 12,500 SkyMiles + $11.20 round-trip nonstop in Main Cabin:
Boosting your SkyMiles balance
There are a variety of ways to earn Delta miles — from Delta-operated flights to trips on SkyTeam airlines to various non-travel partners. However, one of the best ways to boost your SkyMiles balance to score a few free trips is by adding one of these cards to your arsenal:
- The Platinum Card® from American Express ($550 annual fee; See Rates & Fees); 60,000-point welcome bonus after you use your new card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first three months, though be sure to check the CardMatch Tool to see if you’re targeted for a 100,000-point welcome bonus after spending $5,000 in the first three months (offer subject to change at any time). You can transfer Membership Rewards points directly to Delta SkyMiles. Terms Apply.
- The Business Platinum Card® from American Express ($595 annual fee; See Rates & Fees); Earn 75,000 points after you spend $15,000 on qualifying purchases within the first 3 months of account opening.Terms Apply.
- Delta Reserve for Business Credit Card ($450 annual fee; $550 if application is received on or after 1/30/2020; See Rates & Fees); Earn 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) and 40,000 Bonus Miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first three months. Terms Apply.
- Gold Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express ($95 annual fee; See Rates & Fees); Earn 30,000 bonus miles after you use your new Card to make $1,000 in purchases within your first three months and a $50 Statement Credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Terms Apply.
For rates and fees of the Amex Platinum Card, click here.
For rates and fees of the Amex Business Platinum Card, click here.
For rates and fees of the Delta Reserve Business Card, click here.
For rates and fees of the Gold Delta SkyMiles Card, click here.
Featured photo by of Alberto Riva/The Points Guy.
- Earn up to 70,000 bonus miles. Earn 60,000 bonus miles after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Plus, earn an additional 10,000 bonus miles after your first anniversary of Card Membership. Offer Expires 4/1/2020.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free and Main Cabin 1 Priority Boarding on Delta flights.
- New! Get ready for your next trip - spend $10,000 in purchases on your card in a calendar year and receive a $100 Delta Flight Credit to get you there sooner.
- Earn 2X Miles on Delta purchases, at restaurants worldwide and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a 20% savings in the form of a statement credit after you use your Card on eligible Delta in-flight purchases of food, beverages, and audio headsets.
- Enjoy a $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $99.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees