Deal alert: Round-trip flights to Puerto Rico in business for $475, coach from $117
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Puerto Rico on your mind? With dozens of points hotels to choose from and endless options for beautiful beaches, there are some tremendous flight deals to this beloved island in the coming months. Round-trip business-class flights to San Juan (SJU) go for as low as $475, while economy flights start as low as $117.
For more TPG news and deals delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
This economy deal was originally sent out by Scott’s Cheap Flights, available with the Premium subscription that costs $49 per year. This membership fee can easily pay for itself if you take advantage of just one of these deals. As a Premium subscriber, you’ll receive multiple daily deals sent straight to your inbox in real time.
If you’re looking for business-class deals like this one, you can subscribe to Scott’s Cheap Flights’ new Elite membership for $199 per year to get access to deals in all fare classes — even premium economy, business and first class.
Airline: American Airlines, Delta Air Lines, JetBlue Airways, Southwest Airlines and United Airlines
Routes: From ORD/EWR/MIA/RDU/DAL/ATL/PHL/JFK (and beyond) to SJU
Cost: From $117 round-trip for economy and $475 round-trip for business
Dates: September to November 2021, January 2022
Pay with: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare booked directly with the airline or through Amex Travel, on up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year), Citi Premier® Card (3x on air travel ), Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x on air travel), American Express® Gold Card (3x on airfare when booked directly with the airline or through Amex Travel) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
Here are some examples of economy flights to Puerto Rico, starting as low as $117 round-trip:
Chicago (ORD) to San Juan (SJU) for $117 round-trip
Newark (EWR) to San Juan (SJU) for $117 round-trip
Miami (MIA) to San Juan (SJU) for $161 round-trip
Raleigh-Durham (RDU) to San Juan (SJU) for $179 round-trip
Dallas (DAL) to San Juan (SJU) for $197 round-trip
Atlanta (ATL) to San Juan (SJU) for $199 round-trip
Philadelphia (PHL) to San Juan (SJU) for $199 round-trip
If you’re looking to fly in business class, consider these round-trip steals:
New York (JFK) to San Juan (SJU) for $475 round-trip
Newark (EWR) to San Juan (SJU) for $541 round-trip
Bonus: This flight is in a lie-flat seat in United Polaris on the Boeing 777.
Atlanta (ATL) to San Juan (SJU) for $577 round-trip
How to book
There are no tricks or special codes needed to find these fares.
Head to Google Flights and plug in your desired departure and destination cities. Then, use the calendar function to find dates and prices that work for you and then click through to book with the airline directly.
Maximize your purchase
Don’t forget to use a card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as The Platinum Card from American Express (5x on airfare booked directly with the airline or through Amex Travel, on up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year), Citi Premier Card (3x on air travel), Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x on air travel), American Express Gold Card (3x on airfare when booked directly with the airline or through Amex Travel) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel). Check out this guide for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
Featured photo by dbvirago/iStock for Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs up to two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide including takeout and delivery in the U.S., and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $80 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® after you apply through any Authorized Enrollment Provider. If approved for Global Entry, at no additional charge, you will receive access to TSA PreCheck.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees