Deal Alert: Nonstop Flights to Hawaii From $237 Round-Trip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Airfare deals are typically only available on limited dates. We recommend you use Google Flights to find dates to fly, then book through an online travel agency such as Orbitz or Expedia, which allows you to cancel flights without penalty by 11pm Eastern Time within one day of booking. However, if you’re using The Platinum Card® from American Express, you’ll need to book directly with the airline or through the Amex Travel portal to get 5x MR points. Remember: Fares may disappear quickly, so book right away and take advantage of Orbitz or Expedia’s courtesy cancellation if you’re unable to get the time away from work or family.
Fares to Hawaii flight continue to stay low even as Southwest struggles to launch flights and tourism returns after volcano eruptions and hurricanes. Nonstop flight prices to the 50th state have dropped to just $237 round-trip! You can fly from West Coast airports like San Francisco (SFO), San Diego (SAN), Oakland (OAK), Portland (PDX), Los Angeles (LAX) and Seattle (SEA) to the Hawaiian destinations of Honolulu (HNL), Maui (OGG), Kauaʻi (LIH) and Kona (KOA).
Even better, the cheapest Alaska fares are booking into standard economy instead of the airline’s new “saver” basic economy-style fares.
To search, head to Google Flights and enter your origin and destination cities. Scroll through the calendar function to find dates and prices that work for you. Finally, click through to book directly with the airline or through an OTA like Priceline or Expedia.
Airlines: Alaska, Sun Country, American Airlines, Hawaiian, Delta
Routes: SFO/SAN/OAK/PDX/LAX/SEA to OGG/KOA/LIH/HNL
Cost: $237+ round-trip
Travel Dates: January-March 2019 for the cheapest fares
Pay With: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare booked directly with the airline), Citi Prestige Card (5x on airfare on plus excellent trip delay insurance), Citi Premier Card, Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card (3x on airfare) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
San Francisco (SFO) to Kahului (OGG) for $237 round-trip nonstop on Alaska:
San Diego (SAN) to Kahului (OGG) for $237 round-trip nonstop on Alaska:
San Diego (SAN) to Kona (KOA) for $237 round-trip nonstop on Alaska:
Oakland (OAK) to Lihue (LIH) for $237 round-trip nonstop on Alaska:
Portland (PDX) to Honolulu (HNL) for $277 round-trip nonstop on Sun Country:
Los Angeles (LAX) to Kahului (OGG) for $337 round-trip nonstop in American Airlines Main Cabin (non-basic economy):
Los Angeles (LAX) to Honolulu (HNL) for $337 round-trip nonstop on Hawaiian Airlines:
Los Angeles (LAX) to Kahului (OGG) for $337 round-trip nonstop in Delta Basic Economy:
Seattle (SEA) to Lihue (LIH) for $337 round-trip nonstop in Delta Basic Economy:
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Citi Prestige Card (5x on airfare on plus excellent trip delay insurance), Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card, Citi Premier Card (3x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
Featured image by M Swiet Productions via Getty Images
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, up to $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber credits annually
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy VIP status and up to $200 in Uber savings on rides or eats orders in the US annually. Uber Cash and Uber VIP status available to Basic Card Member only.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts® program at over 1,000 properties. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 in statement credits per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. That’s up to $50 in statement credits semi-annually. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees