Cheap business class deals: Fly JetBlue Mint to the West Coast, Caribbean for under $740
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Airfare deals are typically only available on limited dates. We recommend you use Google Flights to find dates to fly, then book through an online travel agency such as Orbitz or Expedia, which allows you to cancel flights without penalty by 11pm Eastern Time within one day of booking. However, if you’re using The Platinum Card® from American Express, you’ll need to book directly with the airline or through the Amex Travel portal to get 5x MR points (on up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year). Remember: Fares may disappear quickly, so book right away and take advantage of Orbitz or Expedia’s courtesy cancellation if you’re unable to get the time away from work or family.
Starting Jan. 1, 2021, earn 5x points on the Amex Platinum, up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year.
Editor’s note: As the travel industry reopens following COVID-19 shutdowns, TPG suggests that you talk to your doctor, follow health officials’ guidance and research local travel restrictions before booking that next trip. We will be here to help you prepare, whether it is next month or next year.
We’re starting to see more premium cabin deals as more travelers begin to take to the skies even amid the pandemic. Nearly a third of Americans are ready to travel this summer, according to a TPG nationwide survey. If that’s you — and you’re comfortable getting on a plane again — then these deals to the West Coast and the Caribbean may be for you.
For more TPG news and deals delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
As first reported by PremiumCabinDeals, JetBlue has several fares in its premium cabin, Mint, on sale later in the summer from cities like Seattle (SEA). After doing some more digging, however, I found that the deals are much more widespread. We’re also seeing round-trip deals from New York (JFK) and Boston (BOS) to Seattle, Las Vegas (LAS) and even Grenada (GND) for summer and fall. The transcontinental deals start at $621 round-trip, while the fare to Grenada is around $740 round-trip.
This is an excellent deal, no matter which route you pick. Summer and fall transcontinental business class fares can easily top $1,000. Even then, you might not even get a lie-flat seat. So if you’re looking to save some cash and travel in style, these are the deals to grab.
Alternatively, you could also book these flights using TrueBlue points, which start at 60,000 points for the transcon flights or nearly 70,000 for the flight to Grenada. Note that if you’re traveling to the Caribbean, you’ll be forced to pay high taxes, so in this case, you’re better off booking in cash.
This could also be a way to get (or keep) JetBlue Mosaic status, which you can earn through traveling in two different ways. The first is by flying 30 segments and earning 12,000 base points ($4,000 in spending) or by earning 15,000 base points ($5,000 in spending) in a calendar year. You can also earn this status outright by spending $50,000 in a calendar year on a JetBlue credit card.
JetBlue Mint deals currently available
New York (JFK) and Boston (BOS) to Seattle (SEA) and Las Vegas (LAS)
Round-trip deals from New York-JFK and Boston to Seattle and Las Vegas are available between July and early September 2020, starting at $621 round-trip.
JetBlue Mint — which we awarded Best Domestic Business-Class Product at last year’s TPG Awards — is one of the best ways to fly domestically. TPG’s Zach Griff reviewed the fully-enclosed suite experience last year and gave the Mint experience high marks. Now, here’s your chance to fly it at one of the lowest fares we’ve ever seen.
New York (JFK) to Grenada
If you’re not comfortable traveling this summer or earlier in the fall, the flights to Grenada in November might be more tempting to you. These flights are available from JFK to Grenada and are on sale for $740 round-trip in Mint class.
How to book
You can find this deal through Google Flights. You can search for flights to your destinations from multiple airports to help you spot the best deal. Or, you can search from your destination (“Where from?” field) to any gateway in the United States by typing “USA” in the “Where to?” field. You’ll get a map showing the cheapest flights to airports around the country.
We recommend that you book directly with the airline to save you any potential headaches down the line.
Understand cancellation policies before buying an airline ticket
Before buying any airline ticket in the current realities, understand the cancellation and rebooking policies for the carrier you book. Fortunately, with any new bookings by June 30, 2020, with JetBlue, there is a substantial amount of flexibility:
- Change or cancel tickets booked for no fee
- If rebooking, fare difference between the original ticket and the new price apply
- Cancellations and changes to lower-fare tickets will result in the issuance of a travel credit valid for 24 months from the date it is issued
Photo by Zach Griff / The Points Guy
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.