Cheap business class deals: Fly JetBlue Mint to the West Coast, Caribbean for under $740
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Starting Jan. 1, 2021, earn 5x points on the Amex Platinum, up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year.
Editor’s note: As the travel industry reopens following COVID-19 shutdowns, TPG suggests that you talk to your doctor, follow health officials’ guidance and research local travel restrictions before booking that next trip. We will be here to help you prepare, whether it is next month or next year.
We’re starting to see more premium cabin deals as more travelers begin to take to the skies even amid the pandemic. Nearly a third of Americans are ready to travel this summer, according to a TPG nationwide survey. If that’s you — and you’re comfortable getting on a plane again — then these deals to the West Coast and the Caribbean may be for you.
For more TPG news and deals delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
As first reported by PremiumCabinDeals, JetBlue has several fares in its premium cabin, Mint, on sale later in the summer from cities like Seattle (SEA). After doing some more digging, however, I found that the deals are much more widespread. We’re also seeing round-trip deals from New York (JFK) and Boston (BOS) to Seattle, Las Vegas (LAS) and even Grenada (GND) for summer and fall. The transcontinental deals start at $621 round-trip, while the fare to Grenada is around $740 round-trip.
This is an excellent deal, no matter which route you pick. Summer and fall transcontinental business class fares can easily top $1,000. Even then, you might not even get a lie-flat seat. So if you’re looking to save some cash and travel in style, these are the deals to grab.
Alternatively, you could also book these flights using TrueBlue points, which start at 60,000 points for the transcon flights or nearly 70,000 for the flight to Grenada. Note that if you’re traveling to the Caribbean, you’ll be forced to pay high taxes, so in this case, you’re better off booking in cash.
This could also be a way to get (or keep) JetBlue Mosaic status, which you can earn through traveling in two different ways. The first is by flying 30 segments and earning 12,000 base points ($4,000 in spending) or by earning 15,000 base points ($5,000 in spending) in a calendar year. You can also earn this status outright by spending $50,000 in a calendar year on a JetBlue credit card.
JetBlue Mint deals currently available
New York (JFK) and Boston (BOS) to Seattle (SEA) and Las Vegas (LAS)
Round-trip deals from New York-JFK and Boston to Seattle and Las Vegas are available between July and early September 2020, starting at $621 round-trip.
JetBlue Mint — which we awarded Best Domestic Business-Class Product at last year’s TPG Awards — is one of the best ways to fly domestically. TPG’s Zach Griff reviewed the fully-enclosed suite experience last year and gave the Mint experience high marks. Now, here’s your chance to fly it at one of the lowest fares we’ve ever seen.
New York (JFK) to Grenada
If you’re not comfortable traveling this summer or earlier in the fall, the flights to Grenada in November might be more tempting to you. These flights are available from JFK to Grenada and are on sale for $740 round-trip in Mint class.
How to book
You can find this deal through Google Flights. You can search for flights to your destinations from multiple airports to help you spot the best deal. Or, you can search from your destination (“Where from?” field) to any gateway in the United States by typing “USA” in the “Where to?” field. You’ll get a map showing the cheapest flights to airports around the country.
We recommend that you book directly with the airline to save you any potential headaches down the line.
Understand cancellation policies before buying an airline ticket
Before buying any airline ticket in the current realities, understand the cancellation and rebooking policies for the carrier you book. Fortunately, with any new bookings by June 30, 2020, with JetBlue, there is a substantial amount of flexibility:
- Change or cancel tickets booked for no fee
- If rebooking, fare difference between the original ticket and the new price apply
- Cancellations and changes to lower-fare tickets will result in the issuance of a travel credit valid for 24 months from the date it is issued
Photo by Zach Griff / The Points Guy
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees