Deal alert: Fly to Ireland from $361
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Now that Ireland has eliminated most of its pandemic-related travel restrictions, including mask mandates, there is nothing holding you back from a visit. Throw in some truly magical fare sales that have just popped up, and it’s time to start planning your Irish itinerary.
Right now, flights to Dublin, Shannon and Donegal from dozens of U.S. cities are on sale. Most of the best fares we saw were for travel between September 2022 and February of next year. Some of the routes in the sale also have discounts available for flights between April and June 2022. Also, travel over the Thanksgiving holiday is available for most routes, but not Christmas or New Year’s Eve.
Most flights in this sale have a layover, but there are a few nonstop tickets available. This deal is for economy fares, which means a checked bag will cost you extra. The price you pay for checking luggage will depend on the airline you book.
Want more TPG news delivered every morning to your inbox? Sign up for our daily newsletter.
Thanks to Scott’s Cheap Flights for tipping us off to this new deal. Basic membership is available for $49 per year. The Elite tier option is available for $199 per year, and that will get you access to deals on premium economy, business-class and first-class tickets.
Airlines: Aer Lingus, Air Canada, American, British Airways, Delta, Icelandair, KLM, SAS, TAP Air Portugal, United and Play.
Routes: Chicago, Los Angeles, Newark, New York, Miami, San Francisco and others to Donegal, Dublin, Shannon and Ireland.
How to book: Search Google Flights and book directly through the airline.
Travel dates: September through February 2023; some routes have April-June 2022 availability.
You can book an economy ticket from New York’s John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK) to Dublin Airport (DUB) next January on TAP for $438 round-trip. That’s roughly half of the normal price for this route.
We told you earlier that there were some great discounts to be found in this deal for spring travel. Here’s one: Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR) to Dublin in May for $406 round-trip on SAS. Same deal as the others, an economy fare with a layover, but that’s a really nice price for a ticket to Ireland.
You can also book a flight from Chicago’s O’Hare International Airport (ORD) to Dublin in mid-January for $431 round-trip on TAP. Like the New York City fare we cited above, this itinerary has a layover in Lisbon, Portugal.
Philadelphia International Airport (PHL) to Donegal Airport (CFN) is another discounted route in this fare sale. We found several Aer Lingus tickets in May for $493 round-trip, with a layover in Dublin.
A round-trip ticket on United from Miami International Airport (MIA) to Shannon Airport (SNN) in October can be booked now for $558. That’s an unusually low price for this route. We didn’t find many other tickets for this itinerary at this low of a price as we searched Google Flights.
Here’s one of those rare nonstop tickets we mentioned. Aer Lingus has nonstop economy tickets from Boston Logan International Airport (BOS) to Shannon in late April marked down to $506. That’s some good spring savings right there.
West Coast travelers can book an excursion from San Francisco International Airport (SFO) to Dublin next January for only $436 round-trip. Since it’s a TAP fare, you’ll enjoy a layover in Lisbon.
Maximize your purchase
Pay with: The Platinum Card® from American Express for 5 points per dollar on airfare booked directly with the airline or through American Express Travel (on up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year), the Citi Prestige® Card for 5 points per dollar on airfare, the Citi Premier® Card or Chase Sapphire Reserve for 3 points per dollar on air travel, the American Express® Gold Card for 3 points per dollar on airfare when booked directly with the airline or through Amex Travel, or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card for 2 points per dollar on travel.
The information for the Citi Prestige Card has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
Featured photo by Jan Rudinsky/EyeEm/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs up to two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide including takeout and delivery in the U.S., and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $80 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® after you apply through any Authorized Enrollment Provider. If approved for Global Entry, at no additional charge, you will receive access to TSA PreCheck.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees