Delta Flash Sale: NYC and Boston to Europe from 32,000 SkyMiles Round-Trip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available – Citi Prestige Card
Airfare deals are typically only available on limited dates. We recommend you use Google Flights to find dates to fly, then book through an online travel agency such as Orbitz or Expedia, which allows you to cancel flights without penalty by 11pm Eastern Time within one day of booking. However, if you’re using The Platinum Card® from American Express, you’ll need to book directly with the airline or through Amex Travel portal to get 5x MR points. Remember: Fares may disappear quickly, so book right away and take advantage of Orbitz or Expedia’s courtesy cancellation if you’re unable to get the time away from work or family.
Delta’s flash sales for award flights often feature fantastic deals such as flights to Asia for 50,000 SkyMiles round-trip, Mexico for 12,000 SkyMiles round-trip or South America from 36,000 SkyMiles round-trip. This time around, Europe is the latest destination featured, starting at just 32,000 SkyMiles round-trip from the East Coast to popular destinations such as Zurich, Madrid, London, Brussels and Lisbon.
Since Delta doesn’t publish an award chart, its award rates are notoriously dynamic and fluctuate based on the carrier’s whims. That being said, the redemption rate really pays off in favor of travelers every so often, and this is one of those times. Note that international taxes and fees will still cost you upward of $50, especially when flying in and out of London.
Route: JFK/BOS to MAD/ZRH/LHR/LIS/BRU
Cost: 32,000+ SkyMiles and $58+ round-trip in economy
Dates: January – March 2019
Pay Taxes/Fees With: Chase Sapphire Reserve, Citi Prestige (3x on airfare), Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel) or The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare)
New York (JFK) to Zurich (ZRH) in January/February for 32,000 SkyMiles and $58 round-trip:
New York (JFK) to London (LHR) in February for 36,000 SkyMiles and $188 round-trip:
New York (JFK) to Madrid (MAD) in February for 40,000 SkyMiles and $53 round-trip:
New York (JFK) to Lisbon (LIS) in January/March for 48,000 SkyMiles and $56 round-trip:
New York (JFK) to Brussels (BRU) in January for 46,000 SkyMiles and $57 round-trip:
Boston (BOS) to London (LHR) in March for 32,000 SkyMiles + $188 round-trip:
H/T: Doctor of Credit
Featured image courtesy of Visit Brussels.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No delivery fees for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with a DashPass subscription from DoorDash -over a $100 value. Activate with your Chase Sapphire card by December 31, 2021.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.