Delta Flash Sale: NYC and Boston to Europe from 32,000 SkyMiles Round-Trip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available – Citi Prestige Card
Airfare deals are typically only available on limited dates. We recommend you use Google Flights to find dates to fly, then book through an online travel agency such as Orbitz or Expedia, which allows you to cancel flights without penalty by 11pm Eastern Time within one day of booking. However, if you’re using The Platinum Card® from American Express, you’ll need to book directly with the airline or through Amex Travel portal to get 5x MR points. Remember: Fares may disappear quickly, so book right away and take advantage of Orbitz or Expedia’s courtesy cancellation if you’re unable to get the time away from work or family.
Delta’s flash sales for award flights often feature fantastic deals such as flights to Asia for 50,000 SkyMiles round-trip, Mexico for 12,000 SkyMiles round-trip or South America from 36,000 SkyMiles round-trip. This time around, Europe is the latest destination featured, starting at just 32,000 SkyMiles round-trip from the East Coast to popular destinations such as Zurich, Madrid, London, Brussels and Lisbon.
Since Delta doesn’t publish an award chart, its award rates are notoriously dynamic and fluctuate based on the carrier’s whims. That being said, the redemption rate really pays off in favor of travelers every so often, and this is one of those times. Note that international taxes and fees will still cost you upward of $50, especially when flying in and out of London.
Route: JFK/BOS to MAD/ZRH/LHR/LIS/BRU
Cost: 32,000+ SkyMiles and $58+ round-trip in economy
Dates: January – March 2019
Pay Taxes/Fees With: Chase Sapphire Reserve, Citi Prestige (3x on airfare), Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel) or The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare)
New York (JFK) to Zurich (ZRH) in January/February for 32,000 SkyMiles and $58 round-trip:
New York (JFK) to London (LHR) in February for 36,000 SkyMiles and $188 round-trip:
New York (JFK) to Madrid (MAD) in February for 40,000 SkyMiles and $53 round-trip:
New York (JFK) to Lisbon (LIS) in January/March for 48,000 SkyMiles and $56 round-trip:
New York (JFK) to Brussels (BRU) in January for 46,000 SkyMiles and $57 round-trip:
Boston (BOS) to London (LHR) in March for 32,000 SkyMiles + $188 round-trip:
H/T: Doctor of Credit
Featured image courtesy of Visit Brussels.
This card from Bank of America gets really interesting if you have a BofA checking, savings or investment account. Depending on the value of your combined accounts you can potentially get as much as 3.5x points on travel/dining and 2.625x points on other purchases making it the richest consumer banking bonus out there.
- Receive 50,000 bonus points – a $500 value – after you make at least $3,000 in purchases in the first 90 days of account opening
- Earn unlimited 2 points for every $1 spent on travel and dining purchases and unlimited 1.5 points per $1 spent on all other purchases
- If you're a Bank of America Preferred Rewards member, you can earn 25%-75% more points on every purchase
- No limit to the points you can earn and your points don't expire
- Redeem for cash back as a statement credit, deposit into eligible Bank of America® accounts, credit to eligible Merrill accounts, or gift cards or purchases at the Bank of America Travel Center
- Get up to $200 in combined airline incidental and airport expedited screening statement credits + valuable travel insurance protections
- No Foreign Transaction Fees
- Low $95 annual fee