Delta Flash Sale: Fly to Asia From 50,000 Miles Round-Trip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If you want to fly to Asia on miles, now is the time. Delta is back with another sale on award flights, this time on flights to multiple Asian destinations.
You can fly for as few as 50,000 SkyMiles round-trip from the US to China, Hong Kong or Japan. You’ll have to book by March 20 with outbound flights available from March 13 through May 24, 2018 (the return flight can depart after May 24). Only main cabin economy seats are eligible for the sale.
Unlike most of its promotions, Delta has select routes on sale, which is unlike others where usually just the destination is on sale. Check out all the discounted routes here. Here are a few examples of what you can book:
Portland (PDX) to Beijing (PEK) for 50,000 miles and $42 round-trip:
Seattle (SEA) to Hong Kong (HKG) for 50,000 miles and $64 round-trip:
Lexington (LEX) to Nagoya (NGO) for 54,000 miles and $52 round-trip:
Although Delta doesn’t publish an award chart, flights from the US to North Asia usually go for a minimum of 70,000 miles round-trip in economy.
This can be a good use of SkyMiles, as the same Lexington – Nagoya flights are currently going for $1700 round-trip — meaning you’re getting about 3.1 cents per point, much higher than the average 1.2 cents per mile, according to TPG‘s valuations. Granted the Portland to Beijing route is going for $594 meaning you’d be getting the standard 1.2 cents per mile on that route.
Availability for discounted awards on the routes we searched seemed pretty wide open, but you’ll have to watch out for blackout dates, which are listed at the bottom of the sale page for each route.
Although you won’t be able to earn a welcome bonus in the next few days, consider applying for a Delta credit card the next time the carrier has a sale, which is quite frequent these days. Right now, the Gold Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express comes with a welcome bonus of 30,000 bonus miles after you use your new Card to make $1,000 in purchases within your first 3 months and a $50 Statement Credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. You’ll earn two miles per dollar on Delta purchases and one mile per dollar on everything else.
The Platinum Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express is offering 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) and 35,000 bonus miles after you spend $1,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $100 Statement Credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months.
Featured image by Yongyuan Dai/Getty Images.
WELCOME OFFER: 30,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: up to $100 annual CLEAR statement credit, up to $100 annual LoungeBuddy statement credit, 3x points on travel and transit, 3x points on restaurants worldwide
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 30,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $2,000 on purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points on all eligible travel, from subway swipes and window seats to hotel stays and city tours.
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points at restaurants worldwide.
- Receive up to $100 per year in statement credits when you use the American Express® Green Card to pay for your CLEAR® membership at select airports and stadiums across the U.S. and Permissible Biometric Scanning Technology terms: eye scanning, irises scanning and fingerprints scanning.
- Use the American Express® Green Card to purchase lounge access through LoungeBuddy to any of the lounges in the LoungeBuddy network – no memberships, elite statuses, or first class tickets required. Earn up to $100 in statement credits per calendar year on your LoungeBuddy purchases.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $150 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees