Delta Flash Sale: Fly to Asia From 50,000 Miles Round-Trip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
If you want to fly to Asia on miles, now is the time. Delta is back with another sale on award flights, this time on flights to multiple Asian destinations.
You can fly for as few as 50,000 SkyMiles round-trip from the US to China, Hong Kong or Japan. You’ll have to book by March 20 with outbound flights available from March 13 through May 24, 2018 (the return flight can depart after May 24). Only main cabin economy seats are eligible for the sale.
Unlike most of its promotions, Delta has select routes on sale, which is unlike others where usually just the destination is on sale. Check out all the discounted routes here. Here are a few examples of what you can book:
Portland (PDX) to Beijing (PEK) for 50,000 miles and $42 round-trip:
Seattle (SEA) to Hong Kong (HKG) for 50,000 miles and $64 round-trip:
Lexington (LEX) to Nagoya (NGO) for 54,000 miles and $52 round-trip:
Although Delta doesn’t publish an award chart, flights from the US to North Asia usually go for a minimum of 70,000 miles round-trip in economy.
This can be a good use of SkyMiles, as the same Lexington – Nagoya flights are currently going for $1700 round-trip — meaning you’re getting about 3.1 cents per point, much higher than the average 1.2 cents per mile, according to TPG‘s valuations. Granted the Portland to Beijing route is going for $594 meaning you’d be getting the standard 1.2 cents per mile on that route.
Availability for discounted awards on the routes we searched seemed pretty wide open, but you’ll have to watch out for blackout dates, which are listed at the bottom of the sale page for each route.
Although you won’t be able to earn a welcome bonus in the next few days, consider applying for a Delta credit card the next time the carrier has a sale, which is quite frequent these days. Right now, the Gold Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express comes with a welcome bonus of 30,000 bonus miles after you use your new Card to make $1,000 in purchases within your first 3 months and a $50 Statement Credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. You’ll earn two miles per dollar on Delta purchases and one mile per dollar on everything else.
The Platinum Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express is offering 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) and 35,000 bonus miles after you spend $1,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $100 Statement Credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months.
Featured image by Yongyuan Dai/Getty Images.
- Earn up to 70,000 bonus miles. Earn 60,000 bonus miles after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Plus, earn an additional 10,000 bonus miles after your first anniversary of Card Membership. Offer Expires 4/1/2020.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free and Main Cabin 1 Priority Boarding on Delta flights.
- New! Get ready for your next trip - spend $10,000 in purchases on your card in a calendar year and receive a $100 Delta Flight Credit to get you there sooner.
- Earn 2X Miles on Delta purchases, at restaurants worldwide and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a 20% savings in the form of a statement credit after you use your Card on eligible Delta in-flight purchases of food, beverages, and audio headsets.
- Enjoy a $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $99.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees