This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Delta is back with another flash sale, this one offering discounted flights to the Pacific Northwest. With this promotion you’ll be able to redeem as little as 11,000 SkyMiles (plus taxes and fees) for a round-trip flight to either Seattle (SEA) or Portland (PDX).
The catch is that you can only fly to Seattle or Portland from anywhere in the continental US, Alaska, or Canada. You’ll need to book by 11:59PM EST on February 14; the discounted award flights are available between April 15 through June 9.
Although Delta is advertising the sale with itineraries for 12,000 miles round-trip, we are seeing flights for 11,000 miles round-trip, like on the San Francisco (SFO) to Portland route. Availability is wide open, too:
There are also some great transcontinental deals, like 18,000 miles round-trip for New York (JFK) to Seattle (SEA) plus $11.20. This usually would go for a minimum of 25,000 miles.
Here’s a nonstop between Los Angeles (LAX) and Seattle for 13,000 miles plus $11.20:
To search, head to Delta.com and enter you ideal departure city and either Seattle and Portland as your destination. Make sure you select ‘miles’ and ‘flexible dates’ to help find the lowest possible price for you travel.
If you don’t have enough SkyMiles in your account, you can transfer points from two programs, with American Express Membership Rewards at a 1:1 transfer ratio and Starwood Preferred Guest at 1:1 transfer ratio, plus a 5,000 mile bonus for every 20,000 points transferred. Even though Delta miles are worth a measly 1.2 cents apiece, this sale could make it worth it to transfer points into your SkyMiles account.
Although you won’t be able to earn a welcome bonus in the next two days, consider applying for a Delta credit card the next time the carrier has a sale, which is quite frequent. Right now the Gold Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express comes with a bonus of 30,000 SkyMiles after you spend $1,000 in the first three months. Plus, a $50 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase within the first three months. You’ll earn 2 miles per dollar on Delta purchases and 1 mile per dollar on everything else.
Featured image by Getty Images.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
If you are a Delta flyer who is looking to bank some extra miles this card is a great addition for your wallet. While you'll earn 2 miles per dollar on Delta purchases and 1 mile per dollar on everything else, you'll also have access to other perks like priority boarding, a first bag checked free and discounted Delta Sky Club access.
- Earn 30,000 Bonus Miles after spending $1,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $50 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months.
- Earn 2 miles on every dollar spent on purchases made directly with Delta. Earn 1 mile for every eligible dollar spent on purchases.
- Check your first bag free on Delta flights - that's a savings of up to $200 per round trip for a family of four.
- Want even more flexibility? Pay with Miles is a Card Member feature that gives you the option to redeem miles for all or part of the price of your tickets on Delta.com.
- Settle into your seat sooner with Priority Boarding.
- Enjoy a $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $95.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees