Delta Flash Sale: Fly to the Pacific Northwest From 11,000 SkyMiles Round-Trip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Delta is back with another flash sale, this one offering discounted flights to the Pacific Northwest. With this promotion you’ll be able to redeem as little as 11,000 SkyMiles (plus taxes and fees) for a round-trip flight to either Seattle (SEA) or Portland (PDX).
The catch is that you can only fly to Seattle or Portland from anywhere in the continental US, Alaska, or Canada. You’ll need to book by 11:59PM EST on February 14; the discounted award flights are available between April 15 through June 9.
Although Delta is advertising the sale with itineraries for 12,000 miles round-trip, we are seeing flights for 11,000 miles round-trip, like on the San Francisco (SFO) to Portland route. Availability is wide open, too:
There are also some great transcontinental deals, like 18,000 miles round-trip for New York (JFK) to Seattle (SEA) plus $11.20. This usually would go for a minimum of 25,000 miles.
Here’s a nonstop between Los Angeles (LAX) and Seattle for 13,000 miles plus $11.20:
To search, head to Delta.com and enter you ideal departure city and either Seattle and Portland as your destination. Make sure you select ‘miles’ and ‘flexible dates’ to help find the lowest possible price for you travel.
If you don’t have enough SkyMiles in your account, you can transfer points with American Express Membership Rewards at a 1:1 transfer ratio. Even though Delta miles are worth a measly 1.2 cents apiece, this sale could make it worth it to transfer points into your SkyMiles account.
Although you won’t be able to earn a welcome bonus in the next two days, consider applying for a Delta credit card the next time the carrier has a sale, which is quite frequent. Right now the Gold Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express comes with a bonus of 30,000 bonus miles after you use your new Card to make $1,000 in purchases within your first 3 months and a $50 Statement Credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Terms Apply. You’ll earn 2 miles per dollar on Delta purchases and 1 mile per dollar on everything else.
Featured image by Getty Images.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.