Delta Flash Sale: Fly to the Pacific Northwest From 11,000 SkyMiles Round-Trip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Delta is back with another flash sale, this one offering discounted flights to the Pacific Northwest. With this promotion you’ll be able to redeem as little as 11,000 SkyMiles (plus taxes and fees) for a round-trip flight to either Seattle (SEA) or Portland (PDX).
The catch is that you can only fly to Seattle or Portland from anywhere in the continental US, Alaska, or Canada. You’ll need to book by 11:59PM EST on February 14; the discounted award flights are available between April 15 through June 9.
Although Delta is advertising the sale with itineraries for 12,000 miles round-trip, we are seeing flights for 11,000 miles round-trip, like on the San Francisco (SFO) to Portland route. Availability is wide open, too:
There are also some great transcontinental deals, like 18,000 miles round-trip for New York (JFK) to Seattle (SEA) plus $11.20. This usually would go for a minimum of 25,000 miles.
Here’s a nonstop between Los Angeles (LAX) and Seattle for 13,000 miles plus $11.20:
To search, head to Delta.com and enter you ideal departure city and either Seattle and Portland as your destination. Make sure you select ‘miles’ and ‘flexible dates’ to help find the lowest possible price for you travel.
If you don’t have enough SkyMiles in your account, you can transfer points with American Express Membership Rewards at a 1:1 transfer ratio. Even though Delta miles are worth a measly 1.2 cents apiece, this sale could make it worth it to transfer points into your SkyMiles account.
Although you won’t be able to earn a welcome bonus in the next two days, consider applying for a Delta credit card the next time the carrier has a sale, which is quite frequent. Right now the Gold Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express comes with a bonus of 30,000 bonus miles after you use your new Card to make $1,000 in purchases within your first 3 months and a $50 Statement Credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Terms Apply. You’ll earn 2 miles per dollar on Delta purchases and 1 mile per dollar on everything else.
Featured image by Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees