Delta Flash Sale: Fly to South America From 36,000 Miles Round-Trip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Delta’s offering SkyMiles members the option to use their miles to travel for cheap to South America. For its latest award flash sale, Delta’s promoting travel to various South American destinations from 36,000 SkyMiles round-trip.
In order to take advantage of these reduced award rates, you must book by 11:59pm ET on March 14, 2018, and travel between August 15 and October 31, 2018. The reduced fares are only for main cabin and Comfort+ travel on select Delta-operated flights between the continental US 48 and South America. Keep in mind that you’ll also need to pay the taxes and fees on these award tickets, which can be pricey, and there is a Saturday night stay required.
As part of the sale, Delta lists the following destinations as eligible for the reduced rates: Buenos Aires, Argentina (EZE); Bogotá, Colombia (BOG); Cartagena, Colombia (CTG); Lima, Peru (LIM); Quito, Ecuador (UIO); Rio de Janeiro, Brazil (GIG); Santiago, Chile (SCL); São Paulo, Brazil (GRU).
Here are some examples of what you can book:
Atlanta (ATL) to Bogotá (BOG) for 36,000 SkyMiles + $75 round-trip:
Detroit (DTW) to Cartagena (CTG) for 36,000 SkyMiles + $86 round-trip:
Miami (MIA) to Quito (UIO) for 44,000 SkyMiles + $101 round-trip:
New York (LGA/EWR) to Buenos Aires (EZE) for 48,000 SkyMiles + $97 round-trip:
Delta doesn’t publish an award chart, so there’s no telling just exactly how discounted these award sale fares are. However, if you’re thinking about taking a trip to to the South America and have the SkyMiles to spend, this could be a good deal.
If you don’t have enough SkyMiles in your account, consider applying for one of the Delta SkyMiles credit cards from American Express to ensure you’re able to take advantage of an offer like this next time one pops up. For example, the Gold Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express comes with a bonus of 30,000 bonus miles after you use your new Card to make $1,000 in purchases within your first 3 months and a $50 Statement Credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Terms Apply. You’ll earn 2 miles per dollar on Delta purchases and 1 mile per dollar on everything else.
Featured image of Cartagena by Jesse Kraft / EyeEm / Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.