Delta Flash Sale: Fly to South America From 36,000 Miles Round-Trip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Delta’s offering SkyMiles members the option to use their miles to travel for cheap to South America. For its latest award flash sale, Delta’s promoting travel to various South American destinations from 36,000 SkyMiles round-trip.
In order to take advantage of these reduced award rates, you must book by 11:59pm ET on March 14, 2018, and travel between August 15 and October 31, 2018. The reduced fares are only for main cabin and Comfort+ travel on select Delta-operated flights between the continental US 48 and South America. Keep in mind that you’ll also need to pay the taxes and fees on these award tickets, which can be pricey, and there is a Saturday night stay required.
As part of the sale, Delta lists the following destinations as eligible for the reduced rates: Buenos Aires, Argentina (EZE); Bogotá, Colombia (BOG); Cartagena, Colombia (CTG); Lima, Peru (LIM); Quito, Ecuador (UIO); Rio de Janeiro, Brazil (GIG); Santiago, Chile (SCL); São Paulo, Brazil (GRU).
Here are some examples of what you can book:
Atlanta (ATL) to Bogotá (BOG) for 36,000 SkyMiles + $75 round-trip:
Detroit (DTW) to Cartagena (CTG) for 36,000 SkyMiles + $86 round-trip:
Miami (MIA) to Quito (UIO) for 44,000 SkyMiles + $101 round-trip:
New York (LGA/EWR) to Buenos Aires (EZE) for 48,000 SkyMiles + $97 round-trip:
Delta doesn’t publish an award chart, so there’s no telling just exactly how discounted these award sale fares are. However, if you’re thinking about taking a trip to to the South America and have the SkyMiles to spend, this could be a good deal.
If you don’t have enough SkyMiles in your account, consider applying for one of the Delta SkyMiles credit cards from American Express to ensure you’re able to take advantage of an offer like this next time one pops up. For example, the Gold Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express comes with a bonus of 30,000 bonus miles after you use your new Card to make $1,000 in purchases within your first 3 months and a $50 Statement Credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Terms Apply. You’ll earn 2 miles per dollar on Delta purchases and 1 mile per dollar on everything else.
Featured image of Cartagena by Jesse Kraft / EyeEm / Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees