Deal alert: Fly to Spain for less than $400
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If you are looking to travel to Europe without the hassle of figuring out COVID-19 testing or proof-of-vaccination requirements, then have we got a deal for you: flights to Spain on Delta for under $400, thanks to Thrifty Traveler.
Flights are available from September 2021-May 2022 from several U.S. cities, including Chicago, New York City and Boston, to Barcelona and Madrid from as low as $370 round-trip.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
Airline: Delta (and partner airlines).
Routes: BOS/ORD/DFW/FLL/MIA/JFK to BCN and BWI/BOS/MDW/ORD/FLL/MIA/JFK/DCA/IAD to MAD.
Cost: From $360 depending on the departure city.
Dates: Book for travel between September 2021 and May 2022.
Pay with: The Platinum Card® from American Express for 5x on airfare booked directly with the airline or through American Express Travel (on up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year), the Citi Prestige® Card for 5x on airfare, the Citi Premier® Card or Chase Sapphire Reserve for 3x on air travel, the American Express® Gold Card for 3x on airfare when booked directly with the airline or through Amex Travel, or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card for 2x on travel.
The information for the Citi Prestige Card has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
Round-trip flights from the below U.S. cities to Barcelona (BCN) are available:
- New York City (JFK), nonstop flights starting at $370.
- Boston (BOS), starting at $385.
- Chicago (ORD), starting at $385.
- Dallas (DFW), starting at $385.
- Fort Lauderdale (FLL), starting at $385.
- Miami (MIA), starting at $385.
The highlighted flights in today’s deal are for Delta basic economy fares. Delta is currently offering travel vouchers in exchange for free changes and cancellations for travel booked through Dec. 31.
For example, you could fly from Boston to Barcelona in less than a month from now for $386 round-trip. Although most of the featured flights are not nonstop, several have short layovers, like the one below.
Delta’s basic economy class does not include seat selection but does allow you to carry on one bag. A checked bag will cost you $150.
The below round-trip flights are also available to the Spanish capital of Madrid (MAD):
- New York City (JFK), nonstop flights starting at $375.
- Baltimore (BWI), starting at $389.
- Boston (BOS), starting at $389.
- Chicago (MDW and ORD), starting at $389.
- Fort Lauderdale (FLL), starting at $389.
- Miami (MIA), starting at $389.
- Washington, D.C. (DCA and IAD), starting at $389.
If you’d prefer a nonstop deal, try this one out of JFK to MAD for $375 round-trip.
In searching this deal on Google Flights, you’ll find some flights on SkyTeam partner airlines, such as Air Europa. While the below flight would allow you to use and earn Delta SkyMiles, be sure to book through Delta directly to ensure you receive a Delta voucher should you decide to cancel your flight.
Currently, Spain is one of the easiest places to travel as an American, as no testing protocols or COVID-19 vaccine is required. All travelers must complete an online Spain Travel Health form at least 48 hours before departing for the country.
Featured photo of Park Guell in Barcelona, Spain, by MasterLu/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees