Deal alert: Fly to the Maldives for less than $900 round-trip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If you’ve been dreaming about the luscious beaches and overwater bungalows of the Maldives, you have the chance to make that dream a reality for a round-trip ticket to this destination for just $745–$854.
Flights to the destination usually cost around $1,250, so this is definitely a solid deal.
For more TPG news and deals delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
Airlines: Qatar Airways.
Routes: ORD/LAX/JFK/IAD to MLE.
How to book: Directly through Qatar.
Travel dates: February–May; September–November 2022.
Book by: N/A.
This deal was originally sent out by Thrifty Traveler Premium, which emails members cheap flights, award flight sales and business-class deals for a $7.99 monthly fee or $49.99 annually.
This deal features round-trip flights to Malé (MLE) from four major U.S. cities:
- From Chicago (ORD), starting at $745.
- From New York (JFK), starting at $755.
- From Washington, D.C. (IAD), starting at $786.
- From Los Angeles (LAX), starting at $854.
If you use Google Flights, note that you may see lower-priced flights listed through third-party booking sites, which do not extend the same booking policies as the airline itself, so be sure to read the fine print in case you end up needing to change or cancel your flight.
Qatar Airways is currently offering unlimited free changes for all travel completed by Sept. 30, 2022, and has extended the validity of all tickets, including those refunded, for an additional two years from its issued date.
The listed fares will be in Qatar’s Economy class, which is considered among the best for long-haul flights for their attentive service, sustainable menu offerings and spacious seats. The flights will include one stop in Doha (DOH).
Maximize your purchase
Don’t forget to use a card that earns points for airfare purchases, such as The Platinum Card® from American Express (5 points per dollar on airfare booked directly with the airline or through American Express Travel on up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year), Citi Prestige® Card (5 points per dollar on airfare), Citi Premier® Card (3 points per dollar on air travel), Chase Sapphire Reserve (3 points per dollar on airfare), American Express® Gold Card (3 points per dollar on airfare when booked directly with the airline or through Amex Travel) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2 points per dollar on travel).
The information for the Citi Prestige Card has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
The Maldives currently requires all travelers to present results of a negative PCR test taken within 96 hours of departure. You can see more details about the entry requirements in our country-by-country guide to COVID-19 recovery.
Although this deal does not have a specific expiration date, we always advise acting quickly given the nature of deals.
Featured photo by Sven Hansche/EyeEm via Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Receive 1 Free Night Award every year after your Card account anniversary. Plus, earn an additional Free Night Award after you spend $60K in purchases on your Card in a calendar year. Awards can be used for one night (redemption level at or under 35,000 Marriott Bonvoy points) at hotels participating in the Marriott Bonvoy program.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 125,000 Marriott Bonvoy Bonus Points after spending $5,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months of Card Membership. Offer expires 8/31/22.
- 6x points at hotels participating in the Marriott Bonvoy™ program.
- 4x points for purchases made at restaurants worldwide, at U.S. gas stations, on wireless telephone services purchased directly from U.S. service providers and on U.S. purchases for shipping.
- 2x points on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a 7% discount off standard rates for reservations of standard guest rooms at hotels that participate in the Marriott Bonvoy program when you book directly. Terms and Conditions Apply.
- Receive 1 Free Night Award every year after your Card renewal month. Plus, earn an additional Free Night Award after you spend $60K in purchases on your Card in a calendar year. Awards can be used for one night (redemption level at or under 35,000 Marriott Bonvoy points) at a participating hotel. Certain hotels have resort fees.
- Enjoy Complimentary Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite Status with your Card.
- Terms apply.
- See Rates & Fees