Watch us fly Qatar Airways 2 different ways: Qsuite business class versus economy
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Qatar Airways is one of the world’s most reputable airlines, flying to more than 150 international destinations from its base at Hamad International Airport (DOH) in Doha. Not only that, it’s part of the Oneworld Alliance, making it a brilliant option for travelers wanting to use their Avios.
Qatar’s ‘Qsuite’ product is widely regarded as the best business-class product in the sky due to its fully closed cabin, enormous seat and incredible food and drink options. Qsuite appears on four different Qatar Airways aircraft types: select Boeing 777-200LRs, 777-300ERs, Airbus A350-900s and all of Qatar Airways’ A350-1000s.
While we have already filmed and released a three-cabin review on the Qatar A380 including Qatar’s elusive first-class cabin, we were yet to shoot inside a Qsuite and Liam and I jumped at the opportunity to capture this special product on video.
For our recent flight on Qatar’s 777-300ER, I had an economy seat while Liam flew in the coveted Qsuite.
By being creative with our exact routing we managed to save over 50% on Liam’s business-class tickets. There was no Avios availability on our selected dates and one-way QSuite prices started at a hefty £2,275, however, there are many short connecting flights around the Gulf and we had already planned to be in nearby countries before Qatar anyway.
We searched various departure points to see if this dropped the price, including Dubai and Abu Dhabi. To our joy, flying out of the latter (with an overnight stop in Doha) lowered the price by a whopping 52% to just £1,091.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
Watch the full video of our experience here:
Qsuite (business class) — Liam Spencer
We paid: £1,091
Liam thought the Qsuite was the best business-class product he’d ever experienced. He found the seat itself to be incredibly comfy with a ton of privacy thanks to the fully closing sliding door. According to Liam, the food was also not only absolutely delicious but on par with a “fancy London restaurant.” The sleeping experience was perfect. Once he was tucked in he felt like he was in a bedroom in the sky.
There were some downsides. It took the cabin crew over 10 minutes to come to his seat after he pressed the call bell.
Economy — Nicky Kelvin
We paid: £228
I loved the incredibly comfortable and spacious seat and it was a bonus that the cabin was so empty, allowing me to make a “poor-man’s business class” spreading out across multiple seats. The food was tasty and substantial and the crew were very attentive with fast and friendly service.
There was very little I could fault except that the dessert after the main meal service wasn’t great, perhaps a little “dusty.”
Featured photo by The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees