Deal alert: Round-trip flights to Orlando starting at $96
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Winter is no longer coming, it’s here and we know there are many snowbirds looking to head towards the warmth ASAP. What better way to start 2022 than with a flight deal to Orlando with round-trip flights as low as $97 for select routes.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
This deal was originally sent out by Thrifty Traveler Premium, which for $7.99 monthly or $49.99 annually, will send news of cheap flights, award flight sales and business-class deals straight to your email.
Airlines: Alaska, American, Delta, JetBlue and United.
Routes: ALB/CHS/CLE/DTW/BDL/IAH/IND/LAX/PHL/LGA/DCA/IAD and others to MCO.
How to book: Search your desired routes and dates of travel on Google Flights, before booking directly through the airline.
Travel dates: January — November 2022.
Departing round-trip flights to Orlando (MCO) are available from various U.S. cities, including:
- Cincinnati (CVG)/Washington, D.C. (DCA), starting at $96, nonstop.
- Detroit (DTW)/Minneapolis (MSP)/Washington, D.C. (IAD), starting at $116, nonstop.
- Chicago (ORD), starting at $126, nonstop.
- Charlotte (CLT), starting at $135, nonstop.
- Atlanta (ATL)/Auston (AUS)/Dallas (DFW)/Los Angeles (LAX)/New York (JFK/LGA)/Philadelphia (PHL), starting at $136, nonstop.
- Indianapolis (IND), starting at $141.
- Houston (IAH), starting at $146, nonstop.
- St. Louis (STL), starting at $147.
- Boston (BOS), starting at $156, nonstop.
Since I am quite sure it’s freezing in Minnesota, let’s start with a flight for just $118 on Delta in February. Did I mention it’s nonstop?
This flight is in Delta’s basic economy cabin, which includes one free carry-on. A checked bag will cost you $60 and you can upgrade to the main cabin for $50 to choose your seat.
Similarly, you can find the same priced Delta flight to Orlando out of Detroit on February 1, where the same fare cabin rules apply.
For those on the East Coast, there are a variety of flights available, including from DCA to MCO for just $128 round-trip via a nonstop flight on American Airlines.
Unlike the aforementioned Delta flights, this one is for a seat in American’s main cabin, which includes free seat selection and one carry-on.
Maximize your purchase
Don’t forget to use a card that earns points on airfare purchases, such as The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare booked directly with the airline or through American Express Travel on up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year), Citi Prestige® Card (5x on airfare), Citi Premier® Card, Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x on airfare), American Express® Gold Card (3x on airfare when booked directly with the airline or through Amex Travel) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
The information for the Citi Prestige Card has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
We suspect many travelers heading to Orlando are en route to Disney World. If you are seeking some sun, there are many beaches within driving distance. Book this deal now with wide availability to Orlando!
Featured photo by Lena Wagner via Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs up to two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide including takeout and delivery in the U.S., and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $80 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® after you apply through any Authorized Enrollment Provider. If approved for Global Entry, at no additional charge, you will receive access to TSA PreCheck.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees