The JW Marriott Orlando has new Family Suites with bunk beds and chalkboard walls
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
One of Orlando’s most popular points hotels for family trips to Disney is getting even better thanks to some luxurious new upgrades parents and kids will both love.
The JW Marriott Orlando Bonnet Creek Resort and Spa just announced its new collection of Family Suites designed to help families connect while on vacation and get more rest to feel energized for the trip.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
The four new suites offer plenty of space for families to spread out, including in a king-sized bedroom for parents, a chic double bunk bed that feels more like an NYC loft than a hotel room and two sofa beds. In total, the Family Suites can sleep up to nine people and also include two full-sized bathrooms with separate showers and tubs, plus a guest bathroom.
Designed with kids in mind, the suite also features chalkboard walls to draw on, a “book nook” with cushions to read on, a play with giraffe lamp and child-sized cushions in bright orange and blue tones.
Designed by Bilkey Llinas Design, the firm created the suites to give parents and children their own spaces with an open concept that allows them to also connect.
To help the little ones fall to sleep after a day filled with Disney magic, JW Marriott partnered with Skip Hop. This company creates products to make life easier for the youngest in the family, to add a special Skip Hop Moonlight & Melodies Nightlight Soother Owl to “lull children to dream.”
Even the hotel’s chef is contributing to the suite’s family affair. Executive Chef Melissa Sallman put together a “Sleepy Snack” in-room dining menu to give kids (and their folks) the perfect bedtime snack. Tiny tots can enjoy a berry yogurt smoothie or crackers and cheese while adults can snack on tropical fruit skewers or rosemary and sea salt roasted cashews washed down with a sleep-inspiring herbal tea.
Of course, the Family Suite is only part of the fun at this JW Marriott. The hotel also offers a miniature golf course, a pool with a kid-friendly splash pad and incredible views of Disney’s nightly firework shows.
Speaking of Disney, the hotel is within a ten-minute drive to Disney Springs, Typhoon Lagoon Water Park, Epcot and Hollywood Studios, and just a little bit further to Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom. Luckily, the hotel’s resort fee includes shuttle service to Walt Disney World Resort Parks.
In addition, the hotel has a handful of restaurants to enjoy, including an upscale steakhouse, Sear + Sea Woodfire Grill; Illume, a Japanese restaurant with firework views; a beer garden; the poolside restaurant, Palm Cove; Unreserved Food Baazar, serving international meals all day and lobby market with snacks.
how to book:
The hotel is a Category 6 in the Marriott Bonvoy award chart. Off-peak nights will cost you 40,000 points, standard dates are 50,000 points and peak dates are 60,000 points.
For the new Family Suites, a search into next summer found no awards availability and cash nights fluctuated but were well over $1,000 a night. But hey, for a suite that can sleep the entire family with room to spare, why not splurge and earn points for your next big vacation.
Featured photo courtesy of Marriott Hotels & Resorts
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees