New Hilton Orlando escape room is world’s largest and tallest
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Here’s a fun way to clock some steps away from the theme parks on your next visit to Orlando with friends or family.
The Hilton Orlando has turned the 1,424-room resort into one giant escape room through Oct. 31 with the Escape at Hilton Orlando overnight escape room experience.
And if you’re familiar with the escape room concept already, there’s just one catch — instead of trying to break out of something, as is the usual concept with escape rooms, the whole goal at the Hilton Orlando is to break into a “huge secret within the resort” as you follow clues around the property.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
Rates for the package start from just $209 per night, dates and availability pending, and the experience is targeting guests looking to celebrate things like birthdays, bachelorette parties and other group gatherings after months of missing out on all the togetherness.
If you have a trip to Orlando in your plans this year and haven’t yet signed up for the Hilton Honors American Express Surpass® Card (earn 130,000 Hilton Honors Bonus Points after you spend $2,000 in purchases on the Hilton Honors American Express Surpass Card in the first 3 months of Card Membership plus, you can earn an additional 50,000 Hilton Honors Bonus Points after you spend a total of $10,000 in purchases on the Card in the first 6 months.), there’s no time like now to knock out a few birds with the same stone. The card’s welcome bonus is more than enough to land you two nights at the Hilton Orlando, with standard room rewards from 50,000 points per night. (Here’s more info about this and other Hilton credit card offers.)
Since its June 2, 2021 launch, the Escape at Hilton Orlando — set entirely within the indoor and outdoor spaces of the 19-story hotel located less than 10 minutes from SeaWorld Orlando — has commanded the title of the largest and tallest escape room experience in the world.
The idea to bring an escape room concept to the hotel, says Hilton Orlando general manager Chris Mueller, came from the recent uptick in families and friends traveling together again in search of new interactive activities to do in Central Florida. And while kids of all ages can enjoy this escape room experience alongside their parents, those ages 11 and up are apt to really get what’s going on here.
Wondering how it works? Naturally, there’s an app for that.
Upon arrival, use your personal smart device and a QR code you’re given at check-in to download a third-party app that acts as your guide through “The Spy Game” as you navigate clues, challenges and augmented reality experiences set up throughout the hotel.
It’s a wild goose chase you can set off on as a group or all alone that leads you through public areas and hidden spaces, including the resort’s pool area, the tippy-top 19th floor, the hotel lobby and even into the safety deposit room.
The goal is to blend in as a spy ally as you pursue clues left by the leader of a mysterious spy operation who has made the Hilton Orlando her secret base.
Even if the storyline seems like a bit of a stretch (after all, with all the points hotels near Disney World in Orlando, there’s no telling where an international spy might cash in hers to hunker down), fun little surprises along the way — think gelato and mocktails — make it rewarding to follow the bread crumbs.
And while the entire experience takes roughly three to four hours to complete, the idea is you can just partake in trickles between everything else you’re doing in Orlando and on the property (including floating along the lazy river). Your time isn’t being clocked on the app and the mission stays live on your device throughout your stay, so come and go from the escape room as you please.
The best part? Even if you’re just going along for the ride with the keener spies in your group, you can write the whole thing off as a workout.
Somebody we heard from who recently completed the Escape at Hilton Orlando said she clocked nearly 10,000 steps solving the mystery.
Featured image courtesy of Hilton Orlando
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees