Deal alert: Business-class flights to Europe from $1,910 round-trip
For more TPG news and deals delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter here: https://thepointsguy.com/mailing-list//
Business class flights to Europe from four U.S. cities just dropped as low as $1,910 round-trip.
These low fares are primarily run and operated by United, but the one especially low fare is aboard Condor Air from Seattle (SEA) to Frankfurt (FRA) for just $1,910 round-trip. For those unfamiliar with the airline, check out our review of its business class product. Condor is a part of Alaska’s Mileage Plus program, which has some pretty sweet award opportunities.
When it comes to United Polaris, the product varies by route and plane so be sure to check out TPG’s ultimate guide. For example, the Newark (EWR) to Porto (OPO) route features a 2-2 configuration which United Premier 1k holder Zach Honig says is a good option when traveling with a companion in his ranking of United business class seats ranked from best to worst.
To search, head to Google Flights or the American Express travel portal and enter your origin and destination cities. Scroll through the calendar function to find dates and prices that work for you. Finally, click through to book directly with the airline or an OTA.
Airline: United, Swiss, Condor
Routes: SEA/EWR/JFK/ORD/MIA to FRA/BCN/DUB/OPO/MXP/AMS/ZRH
Cost: $1,910 in business class
Dates: December 2019 – May 2020, depending on route
Pay With: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare booked directly with the airline), Citi Prestige® Card (5x on airfare), Citi Premier® Card, Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x on airfare), American Express® Gold Card (3x on airfare when booked directly with the airline) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
The information for the Citi Prestige card has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
Seattle(SEA) to Frankfurt (FRA) for $1,910 round-trip in business class on Condor:
Newark (EWR) to Barcelona (BCN) for $1,988 round-trip in United Polaris:
Chicago (ORD) to Dublin (DUB) for $1,988 round-trip in United Polaris:
Newark (EWR) to Porto (OPO) for $1,992 round-trip in United Polaris:
Newark (EWR) to Milan (MXP) for $1,994 round-trip in United Polaris:
Chicago (ORD) to Amsterdam (AMS) for $1,995 round-trip in United Polaris:
Chicago (ORD) to Zurich (ZRH) for $2,000 round-trip in business class on Swiss Air:
Miami (MIA) to Zurich (ZRH) for $2,000 round-trip in business class on Swiss Air:
New York (JFK) to Zurich (ZRH) for $2,000 round-trip in business class on Swiss Air:
Maximize your purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card, Citi Premier® Card, Citi Prestige Card (5x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). To learn more, check out our post on the best cards for airfare purchases.
Featured photo by bluejayphoto/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees