Amtrak Launches 2-For-1 Valentine’s Day Sale on Routes Nationwide
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here – Citi Premier® Card
Feeling the love this Valentine’s Day? Good, because Amtrak is having a two-for-one sale from today, Feb. 14 to Monday, Feb. 18. Travelers can purchase two tickets for the price of one for trips between March 25 and July 29. Trips are available between many US cities including New York City, Washington D.C., New Orleans, Chicago and Los Angeles.
All discounted trips are in coach with prices starting at just $29 one-way for two passengers. To access this promotion for you and your special someone, book here. The discount should be automatically applied. We weren’t seeing all of the advertised discounts when the sale first launched, so you may need to do some searching to find the cheapest fares.
Using your discount to travel with a pack? No worries — here are seven tips for taking Amtrak with a family. If you have a family of four, you should be able to stack this deal by purchasing two groups of separate tickets. Deals can also be had on Amtrak’s high-speed Acela trains that operate along the Northeastern corridor.
Routes: Available on all reserved routes
Cost: From $29 one-way for two tickets
Book by: Feb. 18, 2019
Travel Dates: March 25 and July 29, 2019
Restrictions: Adults must travel together and be booked in the same reservation. Valid for coach seats only; no upgrades allowed. This offer if not combinable with any other discount offer. Sale prices are not available at all times and on all routes. This offer is also subject to any restrictions, blackouts and refund rules that apply to the type of fare purchased, a 25 percent cancellation fee may apply
Pay With: Chase Sapphire Reserve Card (3x on travel), Citi Premier® Card (3x on air travel) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
Here a few examples of what you can book:
Detroit, MI to Chicago, IL for two people for $62 one-way:
Washington, DC to New York, NY for two people for $98 one-way:
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on train purchases, such as the Chase Sapphire Reserve Card (3x on all travel purchases), Citi Premier® Card (3x on air travel) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases).
Featured image courtesy of Amtrak.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.