Amtrak Launches 2-For-1 Valentine’s Day Sale on Routes Nationwide
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here – Citi Premier® Card
Feeling the love this Valentine’s Day? Good, because Amtrak is having a two-for-one sale from today, Feb. 14 to Monday, Feb. 18. Travelers can purchase two tickets for the price of one for trips between March 25 and July 29. Trips are available between many US cities including New York City, Washington D.C., New Orleans, Chicago and Los Angeles.
All discounted trips are in coach with prices starting at just $29 one-way for two passengers. To access this promotion for you and your special someone, book here. The discount should be automatically applied. We weren’t seeing all of the advertised discounts when the sale first launched, so you may need to do some searching to find the cheapest fares.
Using your discount to travel with a pack? No worries — here are seven tips for taking Amtrak with a family. If you have a family of four, you should be able to stack this deal by purchasing two groups of separate tickets. Deals can also be had on Amtrak’s high-speed Acela trains that operate along the Northeastern corridor.
Routes: Available on all reserved routes
Cost: From $29 one-way for two tickets
Book by: Feb. 18, 2019
Travel Dates: March 25 and July 29, 2019
Restrictions: Adults must travel together and be booked in the same reservation. Valid for coach seats only; no upgrades allowed. This offer if not combinable with any other discount offer. Sale prices are not available at all times and on all routes. This offer is also subject to any restrictions, blackouts and refund rules that apply to the type of fare purchased, a 25 percent cancellation fee may apply
Pay With: Chase Sapphire Reserve Card (3x on travel), Citi Premier® Card (3x on air travel) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
Here a few examples of what you can book:
Detroit, MI to Chicago, IL for two people for $62 one-way:
Washington, DC to New York, NY for two people for $98 one-way:
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on train purchases, such as the Chase Sapphire Reserve Card (3x on all travel purchases), Citi Premier® Card (3x on air travel) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases).
Featured image courtesy of Amtrak.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees