7 Perfect Valentine’s Day Gifts for AvGeeks and Frequent Flyers
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Valentine’s Day is drawing near, but there’s no need to panic over what you’re getting your significant other. We’ve compiled a selection of quick, easy and even outright lavish gifts so you can surprise your loved one with an unforgettable token of your affection. From stylish luggage to a pair of first class flights, these travel-inspired Valentine’s Day gifts are perfect for the frequent flyer in your life.
Away recently launched its Alchemy luggage collection, and the color combinations (rose gold; steel) are perfect for a subtle matching luggage moment with your favorite travel partner. Don matching TPG hats or T-shirts to complete the look.
Buy: Away.com, from $475
If things are getting serious between you two, adding your Valentine as an authorized user can help them enjoy some of your favorite travel perks, even when you can’t be together. If you have The Platinum Card® from American Express, for example, he or she will no longer have to sit at the gate when traveling solo. Believe us, they’ll be thinking of you while enjoying a complimentary neck massage or sampling a flight of wine in a Centurion Lounge.
What’s more romantic than sleeping side-by-side in a lie-flat bed over 30,000 feet in the air? Almost nothing. Whether your partner is an AvGeek or not, flying in a product like Qatar’s Qsuite is bound to be an exciting and unforgettable experience. But if your partner is an AvGeek, multiply that excitement by at least 1,000.
If your partner is searching for comfortable travel shoes, consider surprising him or her with a pair of Allbirds. They’re known for being versatile, low-profile and insanely comfortable — and many TPG team members can confirm that. Plus, they come in a number of sophisticated shades, like matcha, berry jam and graphite.
Buy: Allbirds.com, $95
If you’re sick of breezing through TSA PreCheck and still having to wait for your partner to pass through the regular security line, consider giving the gift of efficiency this Valentine’s Day. Consider using statement credits to pay for their Global Entry or TSA PreCheck applications or, if you’re down to splurge, indulge your favorite traveler with CLEAR. It generally costs $179 for the year.
BÉIS, a brand recently started by actress Shay Mitchell, sells products designed specifically for jetsetters. The brand’s affordable Weekender bag — not quite a duffle, not quite a purse — is casual enough to use as a carry-on but easily transitions for a business meeting or dinner. The bag has a flat bottom designed for shoes, toiletries and other essentials, and there’s a pocket that serves as a trolley sleeve, so it will slide right over your luggage handle.
Buy: BeisTravel.com, $78
Date nights are fine, but dinner and a movie on the ground hardly compares to, well, dinner and a movie on international first class. This Valentine’s Day, jet off for a romantic weekend and fly Lufthansa first class together. Nibble on caviar, and clink glasses full of Laurent Perrier Grand Siècle Champagne. It’s what you both deserve.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.