7 Perfect Valentine’s Day Gifts for AvGeeks and Frequent Flyers
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Valentine’s Day is drawing near, but there’s no need to panic over what you’re getting your significant other. We’ve compiled a selection of quick, easy and even outright lavish gifts so you can surprise your loved one with an unforgettable token of your affection. From stylish luggage to a pair of first class flights, these travel-inspired Valentine’s Day gifts are perfect for the frequent flyer in your life.
Away recently launched its Alchemy luggage collection, and the color combinations (rose gold; steel) are perfect for a subtle matching luggage moment with your favorite travel partner. Don matching TPG hats or T-shirts to complete the look.
Buy: Away.com, from $475
Add Them As an Authorized User
If things are getting serious between you two, adding your Valentine as an authorized user can help them enjoy some of your favorite travel perks, even when you can’t be together. If you have The Platinum Card® from American Express, for example, he or she will no longer have to sit at the gate when traveling solo. Believe us, they’ll be thinking of you while enjoying a complimentary neck massage or sampling a flight of wine in a Centurion Lounge.
What’s more romantic than sleeping side-by-side in a lie-flat bed over 30,000 feet in the air? Almost nothing. Whether your partner is an AvGeek or not, flying in a product like Qatar’s Qsuite is bound to be an exciting and unforgettable experience. But if your partner is an AvGeek, multiply that excitement by at least 1,000.
If your partner is searching for comfortable travel shoes, consider surprising him or her with a pair of Allbirds. They’re known for being versatile, low-profile and insanely comfortable — and many TPG team members can confirm that. Plus, they come in a number of sophisticated shades, like matcha, berry jam and graphite.
Buy: Allbirds.com, $95
If you’re sick of breezing through TSA PreCheck and still having to wait for your partner to pass through the regular security line, consider giving the gift of efficiency this Valentine’s Day. Consider using statement credits to pay for their Global Entry or TSA PreCheck applications or, if you’re down to splurge, indulge your favorite traveler with CLEAR. It generally costs $179 for the year.
BÉIS, a brand recently started by actress Shay Mitchell, sells products designed specifically for jetsetters. The brand’s affordable Weekender bag — not quite a duffle, not quite a purse — is casual enough to use as a carry-on but easily transitions for a business meeting or dinner. The bag has a flat bottom designed for shoes, toiletries and other essentials, and there’s a pocket that serves as a trolley sleeve, so it will slide right over your luggage handle.
Buy: BeisTravel.com, $78
Date nights are fine, but dinner and a movie on the ground hardly compares to, well, dinner and a movie on international first class. This Valentine’s Day, jet off for a romantic weekend and fly Lufthansa first class together. Nibble on caviar, and clink glasses full of Laurent Perrier Grand Siècle Champagne. It’s what you both deserve.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees