All Wednesday Flights Canceled at LaGuardia Airport
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
As the fourth nor’easter this month slams into New York City, one of the area’s largest airports, LaGuardia (LGA), has canceled all flights for the rest of Wednesday.
The airport announced on Twitter that all carriers out of LGA have grounded the day’s remaining flights due to the snow pummeling the area.
Airlines have cancelled all remaining flights for today at #LGA due to the Nor’easter affecting the region. Please contact your carrier for more details on rebooking cancelled flights.
— LaGuardia Airport (@LGAairport) March 21, 2018
Winter Storm Toby is expected to bring up to 18 inches of snow to New York City, and it has already caused 4,800 flight cancellations Wednesday alone. Before this announcement, LGA had 430 canceled flights, or 74% of its operations, while other New York airport JFK is operating at half its capacity with 311 cancellations, and Newark (EWR) marked 482 grounded flights, about 72% of its total flights.
American Airlines has suspended all flights in the New York City area for Wednesday. The carrier might reopen Newark (EWR) operations later Wednesday evening, but its flights out of JFK and LGA won’t resume until Thursday.
The nor’easter is predicted to bring heavy, wet snow and strong winds to most of the Northeast through Thursday morning.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees