All Wednesday Flights Canceled at LaGuardia Airport
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
As the fourth nor’easter this month slams into New York City, one of the area’s largest airports, LaGuardia (LGA), has canceled all flights for the rest of Wednesday.
The airport announced on Twitter that all carriers out of LGA have grounded the day’s remaining flights due to the snow pummeling the area.
Airlines have cancelled all remaining flights for today at #LGA due to the Nor’easter affecting the region. Please contact your carrier for more details on rebooking cancelled flights.
— LaGuardia Airport (@LGAairport) March 21, 2018
Winter Storm Toby is expected to bring up to 18 inches of snow to New York City, and it has already caused 4,800 flight cancellations Wednesday alone. Before this announcement, LGA had 430 canceled flights, or 74% of its operations, while other New York airport JFK is operating at half its capacity with 311 cancellations, and Newark (EWR) marked 482 grounded flights, about 72% of its total flights.
American Airlines has suspended all flights in the New York City area for Wednesday. The carrier might reopen Newark (EWR) operations later Wednesday evening, but its flights out of JFK and LGA won’t resume until Thursday.
The nor’easter is predicted to bring heavy, wet snow and strong winds to most of the Northeast through Thursday morning.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.