American Airlines Suspends All NYC Operations Due to Nor’easter
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
American Airlines, the world’s largest carrier, has just suspended all operations at New York’s three largest airports due to the latest nor’easter pummeling the city.
The airline has already suspended its operations at New York’s LaGuardia (LGA) and New Jersey’s Newark (EWR), and American said it will suspend its JFK operations after 1:00pm. The carrier’s operations at EWR might resume later Wednesday night, but its flights at JFK and LGA will not resume until Thursday.
JFK suspended 1pm
EWR suspended until later today
LGA suspended until tomorrow pic.twitter.com/zvpd5ChHXZ
— Jason Rabinowitz (@AirlineFlyer) March 21, 2018
Winter Storm Toby is predicted to bring as much as 18 inches of snow to New York City, and it has already forced more than 3,500 flight cancellations in the Northeast region on Wednesday morning.
Featured image by Jessica Kourkounis/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.