United Retains Employee Bonus Structure for Now, But It Will Eventually Change
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Let’s backtrack a bit. Last Friday, the carrier announced it was striking employee bonuses from the 2018 budget, replacing them with an arbitrary lottery giveaway each quarter.
Today, Brian Sumers tweeted a leaked internal memo from United CEO Oscar Munoz with the subject line: “A message from Oscar and Scott: Quarterly Operations Incentive Program.”
Based on this message, United employees will still receive their standard bonuses for Q1, based on the same criteria as used in the past. The new bonus plan has yet to be decided, but will be determined based on “a series of listening sessions” between employees and management.
United also recently announced a “compassion training” workshop that will be mandatory for all consumer-facing employees.
Featured image by United Airlines.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.