Spend a Night in a Private Jet With This Airbnb Rental
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
For some of us, quality in-flight sleep is possible no matter the destination, and if you’re like me, you can fall asleep on flight within seconds of the seat belt sign coming on. Now thanks to this Airbnb rental in the UK, it’s possible to sleep in a private jet without the hassle of jet-lag, turbulence or disturbance from other passengers.
Grounded in South Pembrokeshire, Wales, this private jet will give guests the unique experience of staying in a vintage Jetstar that dates back to the 1970s. Once entering the plane, guests will be see a first-class cabin with rows of seats remaining from its flying days.
The main cabin features a double bed, a bar area, and additional sofa bed in the style of a first-class ship’s cabin. There is running water and a half bathroom onboard — however guests will have to use a separate facility outside the aircraft to take a shower or use the kitchen. The outside kitchen area is equipped with a microwave, refrigerator, and cooking utensils.
Both the cabin and the cockpit are powered by main cabin electricity however the main body of the former aircraft has the plane’s original lighting and is powered by car batteries. The cockpit is also still intact and equipped with an Xbox gaming system and some flight games.
The Jetstar Airbnb can accommodate up to four guests and is well suited for a couple or two adults and two children, according to the host. This stay is available for about $180 per night.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.