Charter Your Own Private Dreamliner for $70,000 An Hour
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
For most people, having a single seat on one of Boeing’s 787 Dreamliners is awe-inspiring enough, but those that want to go the extra mile will now be able to charter their very own private jumbo jet for $70,000 an hour. In other words — a round-trip nonstop flight from London to New York would cost a minimum of half a million dollars.
On typical commercial flights a Boeing 787 carries up to 335 passengers, but this plane’s custom-built 2,400 square foot cabin will only accommodate up to 30 of your best friends.
Dubbed the “Dream Jet,” it features a master bedroom, dedicated lounges to relax in, dining spaces, a gorgeous bathroom complete with a shower — accented with polished marble and solid oak, of course — and appropriately, lie-flat business-class seats for all guests.
The luxurious aircraft, which started development in 2009, is operated by Deer Jet, a company that specializes in offering private jet services.
The company’s VP, Frank Fang, recently told Marhaba, “A growing generation of premium travelers are looking to maximize their leisure time in the most opulent surroundings; not only do we make premium travel a slick and less time-consuming process, we also do it in superior style.”
The jet has also had its fair share of high-profile guests, with the flight manifest including leaders of Fortune 500 companies and members of Middle Eastern royal families, according to GeekWire.
Though officially based in Hong Kong the planes’ range of 9,800 nautical miles means it can fly from any airport in the world. More recently, in an effort to drum up publicity for the charter, the plane has visited London, Shanghai, Dublin, Doha and Seattle. Check out the video below for a closer look.
Images courtesy of GeekWire Photo.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.