Charter Your Own Private Dreamliner for $70,000 An Hour
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
For most people, having a single seat on one of Boeing’s 787 Dreamliners is awe-inspiring enough, but those that want to go the extra mile will now be able to charter their very own private jumbo jet for $70,000 an hour. In other words — a round-trip nonstop flight from London to New York would cost a minimum of half a million dollars.
On typical commercial flights a Boeing 787 carries up to 335 passengers, but this plane’s custom-built 2,400 square foot cabin will only accommodate up to 30 of your best friends.
Dubbed the “Dream Jet,” it features a master bedroom, dedicated lounges to relax in, dining spaces, a gorgeous bathroom complete with a shower — accented with polished marble and solid oak, of course — and appropriately, lie-flat business-class seats for all guests.
The luxurious aircraft, which started development in 2009, is operated by Deer Jet, a company that specializes in offering private jet services.
The company’s VP, Frank Fang, recently told Marhaba, “A growing generation of premium travelers are looking to maximize their leisure time in the most opulent surroundings; not only do we make premium travel a slick and less time-consuming process, we also do it in superior style.”
The jet has also had its fair share of high-profile guests, with the flight manifest including leaders of Fortune 500 companies and members of Middle Eastern royal families, according to GeekWire.
Though officially based in Hong Kong the planes’ range of 9,800 nautical miles means it can fly from any airport in the world. More recently, in an effort to drum up publicity for the charter, the plane has visited London, Shanghai, Dublin, Doha and Seattle. Check out the video below for a closer look.
Images courtesy of GeekWire Photo.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees