This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
On Tuesday, March 6, the Ikon Pass will go on sale — a winter season pass that gives guests unlimited access to certain premier mountain destinations in North America.
The Ikon Pass is the newly launched product from Alterra Mountain Company. The pass, branded as “the new standard in season passes,” opens up 26 destinations in nine states and four Canadian provinces totaling nearly 64,000 of the freshest ‘pow’. The pass will be available in two forms, the Ikon Pass ($899) and the Ikon Base Pass ($599), with varying levels of access and benefits.
The Ikon Pass
- Unlimited access: Steamboat, Winter Park Resort, Copper Mountain Resort, Eldora Mountain Resort, Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows, Mammoth Mountain, Big Bear Mountain Resort, June Mountain, Stratton, Snowshoe Mountain, Tremblant, and Blue Mountain
- Seven day access: Deer Valley Resort, Jackson Hole Mountain Resort, Big Sky Resort, Killington Resort, Revelstoke Mountain Resort, Sugarbush Resort,
- Seven day combined access: Aspen Snowmass (Aspen Mountain, Snowmass, Aspen Highlands, Buttermilk), AltaSnowbird, SkiBig3: (Banff Sunshine, Lake Louise, Mt. Norquay), Sunday River, Sugarloaf, and Loon Mountain.
The Ikon Pass has zero blackout dates meaning holders of this pass have full-range of access to the locations. Child Ikon Passes (12 and under) are available through April 9, 2018 for $199 with the purchase of an Adult Ikon Pass.
The Ikon Base Pass
- Unlimited access: Winter Park Resort, Copper Mountain Resort, Eldora Mountain Resort, Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows (holiday restrictions), Big Bear Mountain Resort, June Mountain, Tremblant, Blue Mountain, Snowshoe Mountain, Mammoth Mountain
- Five day access: Steamboat, Deer Valley Resort, Jackson Hole Mountain Resort, Big Sky Resort, Stratton, Killington Resort, Revelstoke Mountain Resort, Sugarbush Resort
- Five day combined access: Aspen Snowmass (Aspen Mountain, Snowmass, Aspen Highlands, Buttermilk), AltaSnowbird, SkiBig3: (Banff Sunshine, Lake Louise, Mt. Norquay), Sunday River, Sugarloaf, and Loon Mountain.
The Ikon Base Pass has three blackout periods during holiday and high season for the resorts. Discounted child passes (12 and under) are available through April 9, 2018 for $149 with the purchase of an adult Base Pass. Military and college discounts are available for both the Ikon and Ikon Base Passes.
Ikon Pass by State/Province:
California: Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows, Mammoth Mountain, June Mountain, Big Bear Mountain Resort
Colorado: Aspen Snowmass, Steamboat, Winter Park Resort, Copper Mountain, Eldora Mountain Resort
Maine: Sugarloaf, Sunday River
Montana: Big Sky Resort
New Hampshire: Loon Mountain
Utah: Deer Valley Resort, AltaSnowbird
Vermont: Stratton, Killington Resort, Sugarbush Resort
West Virginia: Snowshoe
Wyoming: Jackson Hole Mountain Resort
Alberta, Canada: SkiBig3
Ontario, Canada: Blue Mountain
Quebec, Canada: Tremblant
British Columbia: Revelstoke Mountain Resort, CMH Heli-Skiing & Summer Adventures
Featured photo of Mammoth Mountain by MCCAIG/Getty Images
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards