This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
On Tuesday, March 6, the Ikon Pass will go on sale — a winter season pass that gives guests unlimited access to certain premier mountain destinations in North America.
The Ikon Pass is the newly launched product from Alterra Mountain Company. The pass, branded as “the new standard in season passes,” opens up 26 destinations in nine states and four Canadian provinces totaling nearly 64,000 of the freshest ‘pow’. The pass will be available in two forms, the Ikon Pass ($899) and the Ikon Base Pass ($599), with varying levels of access and benefits.
The Ikon Pass
- Unlimited access: Steamboat, Winter Park Resort, Copper Mountain Resort, Eldora Mountain Resort, Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows, Mammoth Mountain, Big Bear Mountain Resort, June Mountain, Stratton, Snowshoe Mountain, Tremblant, and Blue Mountain
- Seven day access: Deer Valley Resort, Jackson Hole Mountain Resort, Big Sky Resort, Killington Resort, Revelstoke Mountain Resort, Sugarbush Resort,
- Seven day combined access: Aspen Snowmass (Aspen Mountain, Snowmass, Aspen Highlands, Buttermilk), AltaSnowbird, SkiBig3: (Banff Sunshine, Lake Louise, Mt. Norquay), Sunday River, Sugarloaf, and Loon Mountain.
The Ikon Pass has zero blackout dates meaning holders of this pass have full-range of access to the locations. Child Ikon Passes (12 and under) are available through April 9, 2018 for $199 with the purchase of an Adult Ikon Pass.
The Ikon Base Pass
- Unlimited access: Winter Park Resort, Copper Mountain Resort, Eldora Mountain Resort, Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows (holiday restrictions), Big Bear Mountain Resort, June Mountain, Tremblant, Blue Mountain, Snowshoe Mountain, Mammoth Mountain
- Five day access: Steamboat, Deer Valley Resort, Jackson Hole Mountain Resort, Big Sky Resort, Stratton, Killington Resort, Revelstoke Mountain Resort, Sugarbush Resort
- Five day combined access: Aspen Snowmass (Aspen Mountain, Snowmass, Aspen Highlands, Buttermilk), AltaSnowbird, SkiBig3: (Banff Sunshine, Lake Louise, Mt. Norquay), Sunday River, Sugarloaf, and Loon Mountain.
The Ikon Base Pass has three blackout periods during holiday and high season for the resorts. Discounted child passes (12 and under) are available through April 9, 2018 for $149 with the purchase of an adult Base Pass. Military and college discounts are available for both the Ikon and Ikon Base Passes.
Ikon Pass by State/Province:
California: Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows, Mammoth Mountain, June Mountain, Big Bear Mountain Resort
Colorado: Aspen Snowmass, Steamboat, Winter Park Resort, Copper Mountain, Eldora Mountain Resort
Maine: Sugarloaf, Sunday River
Montana: Big Sky Resort
New Hampshire: Loon Mountain
Utah: Deer Valley Resort, AltaSnowbird
Vermont: Stratton, Killington Resort, Sugarbush Resort
West Virginia: Snowshoe
Wyoming: Jackson Hole Mountain Resort
Alberta, Canada: SkiBig3
Ontario, Canada: Blue Mountain
Quebec, Canada: Tremblant
British Columbia: Revelstoke Mountain Resort, CMH Heli-Skiing & Summer Adventures
Featured photo of Mammoth Mountain by MCCAIG/Getty Images
The American Express Platinum card has some of the best perks out there: cardholders enjoy the best domestic lounge access (Delta SkyClubs, Centurion Lounges, and Priority Pass), a $200 annual airline fee credit as well as up to $200 in Uber credits, and mid-tier elite status at SPG, Marriott, and Hilton. Combined with the 60,000 point welcome offer -- worth $1,140 based on TPG's valuations -- this card is a no-brainer for frequent travelers. Here are 5 reasons you should consider this card, as well as how you can figure out if the $550 annual fee makes sense for you.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees