Ikon Pass Offers Unlimited Skiing at Select Resorts
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
On Tuesday, March 6, the Ikon Pass will go on sale — a winter season pass that gives guests unlimited access to certain premier mountain destinations in North America.
The Ikon Pass is the newly launched product from Alterra Mountain Company. The pass, branded as “the new standard in season passes,” opens up 26 destinations in nine states and four Canadian provinces totaling nearly 64,000 of the freshest ‘pow’. The pass will be available in two forms, the Ikon Pass ($899) and the Ikon Base Pass ($599), with varying levels of access and benefits.
The Ikon Pass
- Unlimited access: Steamboat, Winter Park Resort, Copper Mountain Resort, Eldora Mountain Resort, Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows, Mammoth Mountain, Big Bear Mountain Resort, June Mountain, Stratton, Snowshoe Mountain, Tremblant, and Blue Mountain
- Seven day access: Deer Valley Resort, Jackson Hole Mountain Resort, Big Sky Resort, Killington Resort, Revelstoke Mountain Resort, Sugarbush Resort,
- Seven day combined access: Aspen Snowmass (Aspen Mountain, Snowmass, Aspen Highlands, Buttermilk), AltaSnowbird, SkiBig3: (Banff Sunshine, Lake Louise, Mt. Norquay), Sunday River, Sugarloaf, and Loon Mountain.
The Ikon Pass has zero blackout dates meaning holders of this pass have full-range of access to the locations. Child Ikon Passes (12 and under) are available through April 9, 2018 for $199 with the purchase of an Adult Ikon Pass.
The Ikon Base Pass
- Unlimited access: Winter Park Resort, Copper Mountain Resort, Eldora Mountain Resort, Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows (holiday restrictions), Big Bear Mountain Resort, June Mountain, Tremblant, Blue Mountain, Snowshoe Mountain, Mammoth Mountain
- Five day access: Steamboat, Deer Valley Resort, Jackson Hole Mountain Resort, Big Sky Resort, Stratton, Killington Resort, Revelstoke Mountain Resort, Sugarbush Resort
- Five day combined access: Aspen Snowmass (Aspen Mountain, Snowmass, Aspen Highlands, Buttermilk), AltaSnowbird, SkiBig3: (Banff Sunshine, Lake Louise, Mt. Norquay), Sunday River, Sugarloaf, and Loon Mountain.
The Ikon Base Pass has three blackout periods during holiday and high season for the resorts. Discounted child passes (12 and under) are available through April 9, 2018 for $149 with the purchase of an adult Base Pass. Military and college discounts are available for both the Ikon and Ikon Base Passes.
Ikon Pass by State/Province:
California: Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows, Mammoth Mountain, June Mountain, Big Bear Mountain Resort
Colorado: Aspen Snowmass, Steamboat, Winter Park Resort, Copper Mountain, Eldora Mountain Resort
Maine: Sugarloaf, Sunday River
Montana: Big Sky Resort
New Hampshire: Loon Mountain
Utah: Deer Valley Resort, AltaSnowbird
Vermont: Stratton, Killington Resort, Sugarbush Resort
West Virginia: Snowshoe
Wyoming: Jackson Hole Mountain Resort
Alberta, Canada: SkiBig3
Ontario, Canada: Blue Mountain
Quebec, Canada: Tremblant
British Columbia: Revelstoke Mountain Resort, CMH Heli-Skiing & Summer Adventures
Featured photo of Mammoth Mountain by MCCAIG/Getty Images
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.