A new perk from Ikon Pass gets skiers access to first tracks at 14 mountains
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Though many travelers are eagerly anticipating the start of summer and the return of beach vacations, diehard skiers and snowboarders are instead busy planning next year’s ski season and eagerly awaiting the first snowfall.
Winter sports enthusiasts know it’s not only much easier to book the best slope-side hotels on points when you plan ahead, but also that ski passes are cheaper the earlier you buy, too.
The Ikon Pass team previously announced spring skiing started early at some resorts this year. That’s great news for those of you who can still visit either Mammoth Mountain or Squaw Valley Resorts which will remain open until the end of May. Next season’s newly purchased passes can get you on those mountains this season, too.
Now, Ikon Pass has announced a new benefit for season ticket holders that’s sure to have you shopping for snow pants instead of swimsuits.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
The program, announced today, is called Ikon Pass First Tracks, and it’s a new benefit for winter 2021 and 2022 passholders. It grants first access to untouched powder and corduroy just to Ikon Pass holders, before the lifts open to the public. Fresh powder and no crowds? Where do we sign up?
Ikon Pass First Tracks
Ikon Pass First Tracks will be available one designated morning per month in January, February and March of 2022 at each participating Ikon destination during the 2021 and 2022 winter season. Designated days will most likely vary by destination and will be announced (along with more details) by Nov. 1, 2021.
Ikon Pass First Tracks is currently being planned for the following 14 North American resorts in the Ikon Pass network: Steamboat, Winter Park Resort, Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows, Mammoth Mountain, June Mountain, Big Bear Mountain Resort, Stratton, Sugarbush Resort, Snowshoe, Crystal Mountain, Tremblant, Blue Mountain, Deer Valley Resort and Solitude Mountain Resort.
This fresh powder perk will apply to the 2021 and 2022 Ikon Pass, Ikon Base Pass, Ikon Base Plus Pass and Ikon Session Pass based on pass access.
Other Ikon Pass Benefits
Ikon Pass holders unlock access to 45 mountain destinations across five continents — though the vast majority are right here in North America. This includes popular spots in the Rockies such as Steamboat and Aspen Snowmass in Colorado; Alta and Deer Valley in Utah; and Taos in New Mexico. East Coast residents are also covered with access to resorts like Stratton, Killington-Pico and even Showshoe Mountain in West Virginia. However, different types of Ikon passes grant access to different resorts.
Ikon Pass: Unlimited skiing/riding at 15 destinations, plus up to seven days at another 28 — with no blackout dates
Ikon Base Pass: Unlimited/skiing/riding at 13 destinations, plus up to five days at another 28 — with limited blackout dates
Ikon Session Pass 4-Day: Four days total at 37 destinations — with limited blackout dates
All Ikon passes come with free Adventure Assurance, including credits in the case of COVID-19 closures and the option to defer the value of an unused pass, no questions asked. And, if you decide you’re no longer interested in skiing next winter, you can elect to defer by Dec. 9, 2021, and put the entire purchase price as a credit toward a 2022 to 2023 pass.
Ikon Pass and Ikon Base Pass holders also have access to a variety of on-mountain discounts at ski school, on rentals, at retail shops and on lift tickets for friends and family. For more on Ikon Pass pricing and details, check out our Ikon Pass purchase guide.
Featured photo courtesy of Ikon Pass.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.