A new perk from Ikon Pass gets skiers access to first tracks at 14 mountains
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Though many travelers are eagerly anticipating the start of summer and the return of beach vacations, diehard skiers and snowboarders are instead busy planning next year’s ski season and eagerly awaiting the first snowfall.
Winter sports enthusiasts know it’s not only much easier to book the best slope-side hotels on points when you plan ahead, but also that ski passes are cheaper the earlier you buy, too.
The Ikon Pass team previously announced spring skiing started early at some resorts this year. That’s great news for those of you who can still visit either Mammoth Mountain or Squaw Valley Resorts which will remain open until the end of May. Next season’s newly purchased passes can get you on those mountains this season, too.
Now, Ikon Pass has announced a new benefit for season ticket holders that’s sure to have you shopping for snow pants instead of swimsuits.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
The program, announced today, is called Ikon Pass First Tracks, and it’s a new benefit for winter 2021 and 2022 passholders. It grants first access to untouched powder and corduroy just to Ikon Pass holders, before the lifts open to the public. Fresh powder and no crowds? Where do we sign up?
Ikon Pass First Tracks
Ikon Pass First Tracks will be available one designated morning per month in January, February and March of 2022 at each participating Ikon destination during the 2021 and 2022 winter season. Designated days will most likely vary by destination and will be announced (along with more details) by Nov. 1, 2021.
Ikon Pass First Tracks is currently being planned for the following 14 North American resorts in the Ikon Pass network: Steamboat, Winter Park Resort, Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows, Mammoth Mountain, June Mountain, Big Bear Mountain Resort, Stratton, Sugarbush Resort, Snowshoe, Crystal Mountain, Tremblant, Blue Mountain, Deer Valley Resort and Solitude Mountain Resort.
This fresh powder perk will apply to the 2021 and 2022 Ikon Pass, Ikon Base Pass, Ikon Base Plus Pass and Ikon Session Pass based on pass access.
Other Ikon Pass Benefits
Ikon Pass holders unlock access to 45 mountain destinations across five continents — though the vast majority are right here in North America. This includes popular spots in the Rockies such as Steamboat and Aspen Snowmass in Colorado; Alta and Deer Valley in Utah; and Taos in New Mexico. East Coast residents are also covered with access to resorts like Stratton, Killington-Pico and even Showshoe Mountain in West Virginia. However, different types of Ikon passes grant access to different resorts.
Ikon Pass: Unlimited skiing/riding at 15 destinations, plus up to seven days at another 28 — with no blackout dates
Ikon Base Pass: Unlimited/skiing/riding at 13 destinations, plus up to five days at another 28 — with limited blackout dates
Ikon Session Pass 4-Day: Four days total at 37 destinations — with limited blackout dates
All Ikon passes come with free Adventure Assurance, including credits in the case of COVID-19 closures and the option to defer the value of an unused pass, no questions asked. And, if you decide you’re no longer interested in skiing next winter, you can elect to defer by Dec. 9, 2021, and put the entire purchase price as a credit toward a 2022 to 2023 pass.
Ikon Pass and Ikon Base Pass holders also have access to a variety of on-mountain discounts at ski school, on rentals, at retail shops and on lift tickets for friends and family. For more on Ikon Pass pricing and details, check out our Ikon Pass purchase guide.
Featured photo courtesy of Ikon Pass.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees