Singapore Reveals First 787-10 Route to Osaka, Launching in May
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Singapore Airlines will soon become the first operator of the Boeing 787-10 Dreamliner. When the carrier takes delivery of the first of its 49 787-10s on order, it will operate it on the route between Singapore (SIN) and Osaka (KIX).
Singapore Airlines announced on Thursday that its first Dreamliner route between SIN and KIX will commence in May 2018. Singapore expects to take delivery of the first of its stretched Dreamliners, the largest version of the 787, in March.
According to a press release, Singapore will first operate the first of its 787-10s on selected flights to Bangkok (BKK) and Kuala Lumpur (KUL) for crew training purposes. The 787-10 will then launch on the 3,041-mile journey to Osaka.
Prior to Thursday, the configuration of Singapore’s new 787-10s was unconfirmed. However, we now know that the carrier will outfit its new Dreamliners in a two-class configuration: business and economy. While specifics have yet to be announced, we do know that there will be 36 seats in the business-class cabin and 301 in economy.
Australian Business Traveler is reporting that the business-class cabin will be outfitted with a new regional seat, the Stelia Opal, which is lie-flat. ABT notes that the cabin will be arranged in a 1-2-1 configuration, giving every business-class passenger direct aisle access.
Singapore plans to fly these 787-10 aircraft on regional routes, which represents a big improvement over its other regional aircraft, which generally offer recliner seats in business class.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees