Singapore Reveals First 787-10 Route to Osaka, Launching in May
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Singapore Airlines will soon become the first operator of the Boeing 787-10 Dreamliner. When the carrier takes delivery of the first of its 49 787-10s on order, it will operate it on the route between Singapore (SIN) and Osaka (KIX).
Singapore Airlines announced on Thursday that its first Dreamliner route between SIN and KIX will commence in May 2018. Singapore expects to take delivery of the first of its stretched Dreamliners, the largest version of the 787, in March.
According to a press release, Singapore will first operate the first of its 787-10s on selected flights to Bangkok (BKK) and Kuala Lumpur (KUL) for crew training purposes. The 787-10 will then launch on the 3,041-mile journey to Osaka.
Prior to Thursday, the configuration of Singapore’s new 787-10s was unconfirmed. However, we now know that the carrier will outfit its new Dreamliners in a two-class configuration: business and economy. While specifics have yet to be announced, we do know that there will be 36 seats in the business-class cabin and 301 in economy.
Australian Business Traveler is reporting that the business-class cabin will be outfitted with a new regional seat, the Stelia Opal, which is lie-flat. ABT notes that the cabin will be arranged in a 1-2-1 configuration, giving every business-class passenger direct aisle access.
Singapore plans to fly these 787-10 aircraft on regional routes, which represents a big improvement over its other regional aircraft, which generally offer recliner seats in business class.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.