This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Singapore Airlines will soon become the first operator of the Boeing 787-10 Dreamliner. When the carrier takes delivery of the first of its 49 787-10s on order, it will operate it on the route between Singapore (SIN) and Osaka (KIX).
Singapore Airlines announced on Thursday that its first Dreamliner route between SIN and KIX will commence in May 2018. Singapore expects to take delivery of the first of its stretched Dreamliners, the largest version of the 787, in March.
According to a press release, Singapore will first operate the first of its 787-10s on selected flights to Bangkok (BKK) and Kuala Lumpur (KUL) for crew training purposes. The 787-10 will then launch on the 3,041-mile journey to Osaka.
Prior to Thursday, the configuration of Singapore’s new 787-10s was unconfirmed. However, we now know that the carrier will outfit its new Dreamliners in a two-class configuration: business and economy. While specifics have yet to be announced, we do know that there will be 36 seats in the business-class cabin and 301 in economy.
Australian Business Traveler is reporting that the business-class cabin will be outfitted with a new regional seat, the Stelia Opal, which is lie-flat. ABT notes that the cabin will be arranged in a 1-2-1 configuration, giving every business-class passenger direct aisle access.
Singapore plans to fly these 787-10 aircraft on regional routes, which represents a big improvement over its other regional aircraft, which generally offer recliner seats in business class.
This cash back card has a focus on dining and entertainment where you can earn unlimited 4% cash back in those spending categories. You can also earn 2% cash back at grocery stores and 1% cash back on all other purchases.
- Earn a one-time $500 cash bonus after you spend $3000 on purchases within the first 3 months from account opening
- Earn unlimited 4% cash back on dining and entertainment, 2% at grocery stores and 1% on all other purchases
- No rotating categories or sign-ups needed to earn cash rewards; plus cash back won't expire for the life of the account and there's no limit to how much you can earn
- No foreign transaction fees
- Access to premium experiences in dining, entertainment and more
- $0 intro annual fee for the first year, $95 after that