This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Singapore Airlines will soon become the first operator of the Boeing 787-10 Dreamliner. When the carrier takes delivery of the first of its 49 787-10s on order, it will operate it on the route between Singapore (SIN) and Osaka (KIX).
Singapore Airlines announced on Thursday that its first Dreamliner route between SIN and KIX will commence in May 2018. Singapore expects to take delivery of the first of its stretched Dreamliners, the largest version of the 787, in March.
According to a press release, Singapore will first operate the first of its 787-10s on selected flights to Bangkok (BKK) and Kuala Lumpur (KUL) for crew training purposes. The 787-10 will then launch on the 3,041-mile journey to Osaka.
Prior to Thursday, the configuration of Singapore’s new 787-10s was unconfirmed. However, we now know that the carrier will outfit its new Dreamliners in a two-class configuration: business and economy. While specifics have yet to be announced, we do know that there will be 36 seats in the business-class cabin and 301 in economy.
Australian Business Traveler is reporting that the business-class cabin will be outfitted with a new regional seat, the Stelia Opal, which is lie-flat. ABT notes that the cabin will be arranged in a 1-2-1 configuration, giving every business-class passenger direct aisle access.
Singapore plans to fly these 787-10 aircraft on regional routes, which represents a big improvement over its other regional aircraft, which generally offer recliner seats in business class.
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards