This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The latest variant of Boeing’s successful 787 Dreamliner has gained its amended type certificate (ATC) from the US Federal Aviation Administration. On Monday, Boeing announced that it had received the necessary ATC, meaning it’s been cleared for commercial use and Singapore Airlines could take delivery of its first 787-10 as soon as the first half of 2018.
In a statement, Boeing said that the test program for the new dash-10 model began in March 2017 and involved three flight test aircraft, which accumulated about 900 test hours, including its maiden voyage. The flight test program at Boeing consists testing its handling, systems and overall performance to ensure safety of flight.
The 787-10 is the latest and largest of the three 787 models. Check out the first look from inside the dash-10. According to Boeing, it expects other aviation regulatory agencies to follow the FAA’s lead and certify the 787-10 before it enters commercial service.
Singapore Airlines is the launch customer for the 787-10. The FAA’s ATC allows for the Civil Aviation Authority of Singapore to also authorize the aircraft, which underwent final assembly in North Charleston, South Carolina. Singapore has committed to 49 orders of the 787-10. The North American launch customer for the aircraft is United, which ordered 14. Other orders include Etihad Airways (30), EVA Air (18), British Airways (12), Air France-KLM (seven) and All Nippon Airways (three), among others.
Featured image by Singapore Airlines.
LIMITED TIME OFFER. Aside from the 100,000 points welcome bonus (available until 8/8/18), Amex recently made huge improvements to the Business Platinum Card, including the fact that you will now earn 50% more points on purchases of $5,000 or more, earn 5x on flights and eligible hotels at Amextravel.com and cardholders will receive a $200 airline fee credit each year.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn up to 100,000 Membership Rewards® Points.
- Earn 50,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $10,000 & an extra 50,000 points after you spend an additional $15,000 all on qualifying purchases within your first 3 months of Card Membership. Offer ends 8/8/18.†
- Get 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights and prepaid hotels on amextravel.com.
- Get 50% more Membership Rewards® points. That's 1.5 points per dollar, on each eligible purchase of $5,000 or more. You can get up to 1 million additional points per year.
- 35% Airline Bonus: Use Membership Rewards® Pay with Points for all or part of a flight with your selected qualifying airline, and you can get 35% of the points back, up to 500,000 bonus points per calendar year.
- You can also receive 35% points back on all First and Business class flights, with all airlines available through American Express Travel.
- You can enjoy access to The American Express Global Lounge Collection℠ offering access to the most lounges across the globe, when compared with other U.S. credit card offerings. As of 11/2017
- Terms Apply
- See Rates & Fees