This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The latest variant of Boeing’s successful 787 Dreamliner has gained its amended type certificate (ATC) from the US Federal Aviation Administration. On Monday, Boeing announced that it had received the necessary ATC, meaning it’s been cleared for commercial use and Singapore Airlines could take delivery of its first 787-10 as soon as the first half of 2018.
In a statement, Boeing said that the test program for the new dash-10 model began in March 2017 and involved three flight test aircraft, which accumulated about 900 test hours, including its maiden voyage. The flight test program at Boeing consists testing its handling, systems and overall performance to ensure safety of flight.
The 787-10 is the latest and largest of the three 787 models. Check out the first look from inside the dash-10. According to Boeing, it expects other aviation regulatory agencies to follow the FAA’s lead and certify the 787-10 before it enters commercial service.
Singapore Airlines is the launch customer for the 787-10. The FAA’s ATC allows for the Civil Aviation Authority of Singapore to also authorize the aircraft, which underwent final assembly in North Charleston, South Carolina. Singapore has committed to 49 orders of the 787-10. The North American launch customer for the aircraft is United, which ordered 14. Other orders include Etihad Airways (30), EVA Air (18), British Airways (12), Air France-KLM (seven) and All Nippon Airways (three), among others.
Featured image by Singapore Airlines.
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® named a 'Best Travel Credit Card' by MONEY® Magazine, 2016-2017
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel.
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards