Boeing Gets FAA Certification for the 787-10
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The latest variant of Boeing’s successful 787 Dreamliner has gained its amended type certificate (ATC) from the US Federal Aviation Administration. On Monday, Boeing announced that it had received the necessary ATC, meaning it’s been cleared for commercial use and Singapore Airlines could take delivery of its first 787-10 as soon as the first half of 2018.
In a statement, Boeing said that the test program for the new dash-10 model began in March 2017 and involved three flight test aircraft, which accumulated about 900 test hours, including its maiden voyage. The flight test program at Boeing consists testing its handling, systems and overall performance to ensure safety of flight.
The 787-10 is the latest and largest of the three 787 models. Check out the first look from inside the dash-10. According to Boeing, it expects other aviation regulatory agencies to follow the FAA’s lead and certify the 787-10 before it enters commercial service.
Singapore Airlines is the launch customer for the 787-10. The FAA’s ATC allows for the Civil Aviation Authority of Singapore to also authorize the aircraft, which underwent final assembly in North Charleston, South Carolina. Singapore has committed to 49 orders of the 787-10. The North American launch customer for the aircraft is United, which ordered 14. Other orders include Etihad Airways (30), EVA Air (18), British Airways (12), Air France-KLM (seven) and All Nippon Airways (three), among others.
Featured image by Singapore Airlines.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees