Shower Time? Emirates Resumes A380 Service to Houston
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Houston, we have a solution. Emirates is bringing back its A380 to Houston starting June 1. The superjumbo was taken off the Houston (IAH) – Dubai (DXB) route in 2016, and replaced by the Boeing 777-300ER.
Why does it matter? The A380 is equipped with Emirates famous onboard shower, while the 777 flew without it.
Plus, it means a whole lot more first and business class seats up for grabs. The A380 features 516 seats, with 14 in first, 76 in business and a whole 426 economy — a 160-passenger increase from the 777. The double decker aircraft is so large that Emirates even installed a full blown bar and lounge.
Although Alaska significantly devalued its award redemptions on Emirates flights, there are still plenty of ways to book the flight with points — and more seats usually means more award availability.
Houston and Dubai are known for their large oil sectors, and Emirates says that due to the “recovering” energy sector, it decided to upgrade the route with an A380. Service between the two cities will continue to operate daily. The same day the A380 comes back into service on the Houston route, Emirates will also launch nonstop 777-300ER flights between Newark (EWR) and Dubai.
Photo by Alberto Riva / The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.