Shower Time? Emirates Resumes A380 Service to Houston
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Houston, we have a solution. Emirates is bringing back its A380 to Houston starting June 1. The superjumbo was taken off the Houston (IAH) – Dubai (DXB) route in 2016, and replaced by the Boeing 777-300ER.
Why does it matter? The A380 is equipped with Emirates famous onboard shower, while the 777 flew without it.
Plus, it means a whole lot more first and business class seats up for grabs. The A380 features 516 seats, with 14 in first, 76 in business and a whole 426 economy — a 160-passenger increase from the 777. The double decker aircraft is so large that Emirates even installed a full blown bar and lounge.
Although Alaska significantly devalued its award redemptions on Emirates flights, there are still plenty of ways to book the flight with points — and more seats usually means more award availability.
Houston and Dubai are known for their large oil sectors, and Emirates says that due to the “recovering” energy sector, it decided to upgrade the route with an A380. Service between the two cities will continue to operate daily. The same day the A380 comes back into service on the Houston route, Emirates will also launch nonstop 777-300ER flights between Newark (EWR) and Dubai.
Photo by Alberto Riva / The Points Guy.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.