Score $200 Cashback on Your Next Hawaiian Hotel Stay
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Thanks to the recent slew of amazing flight deals to Hawaii, it seems that everyone is heading to the 50th state. While flights have been cheap, hotels in top Hawaiian destinations can put the squeeze on your wallet. There are points and miles options, but generally award rates in Hawaii are far too steep to justify using points.
Enter a new offer from Amex Offers: $200 cashback when you spend $1,000 or more at Hilton brands in Hawaii:
If you aren’t familiar, Amex Offers are opt-in, limited-time deals such as 15% off Starbucks purchases, 5,000 Membership Rewards points when paying for an Amazon Prime membership and more for American Express cardholders.
The details for each offer vary. In order to take advantage of this one, you need to register for the offer on a targeted American Express card, book a stay directly with Hilton and pay for the stay with the registered card by July 31, 2018. If the total cost of the room rate and room charges exceeds $1,000, you’ll get a $200 statement credit from American Express. If you’re not interested in staying at a Hilton in Hawaii, check your Amex Offers for deals with other hotel brands.
There are important terms and conditions to keep in mind — including restrictions on the rates you can choose and restricting gift card purchases:
Offer valid only at Hilton brand hotels in the state of Hawaii. Reservations must be made online at hilton.com, via the Hilton Honors App or by calling 1-800-445-8667. Offer does not apply to advance purchase rates, including Advance Purchase, Save Now & Pay and Non-refundable rates. Excludes gift card purchases. Offer only valid on room rate and room charges. Offer not valid for lodging stays that are paid for before the promotion start date or after the promotion end date.
Amex Offers are targeted, so not every American Express card will be included in this promotion. In order to see if you’ve been targeted — and to enroll in the offer — log in to your AmericanExpress.com account. Scroll down to the “Amex Offers and Benefits” section. You may need to click “Load More” to find the offer. If you have multiple cards linked under the same username/password, note that there’s a limit of one registration per Amex Offer per username/password. So, choose wisely if you have multiple targeted cards.
H/T: Frequent Miler
Featured image of the Hilton Hawaiian Village courtesy of the hotel
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 75,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,500
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, up to $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber savings annually (only for use in the U.S.)
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 75,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $5,000 on purchases on your new Card in your first 6 months of Card Membership.
- Earn 10x points on eligible purchases on your new Card at U.S. Gas Stations and U.S. Supermarkets, on up to $15,000 in combined purchases, during your first 6 months of Card Membership. That’s an additional 9 points on top of the 1 point you earn for these purchases.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and up to $200 in Uber savings on rides or eats orders in the US annually. Uber Cash and Uber VIP status is available to Basic Card Member and Additional Centurion Cards only.
- Earn 5X Membership Rewards® Points for flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel. Starting January 1, 2021, earn 5X points on up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year.
- 5X Membership Rewards® Points on prepaid hotels booked with American Express Travel.
- Enjoy complimentary access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits through American Express Travel with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts® program at over 1,100 properties. Learn More.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. That’s up to $50 in statement credits semi-annually. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees