Here’s the Gift United’s Sending to 2018 Global Services Members
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
While United’s 2018 class of elite Global Services members likely got the official welcome nod earlier this month, credential kits are just now making their way to the airline’s biggest spenders.
TPG reader Gary C. sent in some pictures of his kit, including an assortment of branded items and marketing materials — that alone is nothing special; I even got a fancy membership card and a short stack of customer appreciation vouchers as a lowly American AAdvantage Gold — but Global Services kits have a few special additions.
The first item is a set of New York City-themed luggage tags. They’re composite, which United describes as “similar to the material used extensively on our Boeing 787 Dreamliner.”
This year’s kit also includes a set of glass coasters, featuring the cities that United serves with its premium domestic product.
There are also two sheets of drink vouchers, though I can’t imagine they’ll get much use, given that Global Services members are always seated in a premium cabin — and in the off chance that they’re not, they’re eligible for free meals and drinks even without the coupons.
While those fancy coasters and luggage tags are pretty slick, the real benefits of Global Services come into play when it actually comes time to travel. Officially, members can utilize special check-in areas, apply upgrade certificates to award tickets and access the much more common “PN” upgrade fare class.
There are plenty of other “under the radar” perks, though — some of which make Global Services far more valuable than American’s Concierge Key and Delta’s 360 program. Some of my favorites include the opportunity to “create” saver award space and the occasional Mercedes-Benz tarmac transfer, but you can check out a more comprehensive list here.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.