Here’s the Gift United’s Sending to 2018 Global Services Members
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
While United’s 2018 class of elite Global Services members likely got the official welcome nod earlier this month, credential kits are just now making their way to the airline’s biggest spenders.
TPG reader Gary C. sent in some pictures of his kit, including an assortment of branded items and marketing materials — that alone is nothing special; I even got a fancy membership card and a short stack of customer appreciation vouchers as a lowly American AAdvantage Gold — but Global Services kits have a few special additions.
The first item is a set of New York City-themed luggage tags. They’re composite, which United describes as “similar to the material used extensively on our Boeing 787 Dreamliner.”
This year’s kit also includes a set of glass coasters, featuring the cities that United serves with its premium domestic product.
There are also two sheets of drink vouchers, though I can’t imagine they’ll get much use, given that Global Services members are always seated in a premium cabin — and in the off chance that they’re not, they’re eligible for free meals and drinks even without the coupons.
While those fancy coasters and luggage tags are pretty slick, the real benefits of Global Services come into play when it actually comes time to travel. Officially, members can utilize special check-in areas, apply upgrade certificates to award tickets and access the much more common “PN” upgrade fare class.
There are plenty of other “under the radar” perks, though — some of which make Global Services far more valuable than American’s Concierge Key and Delta’s 360 program. Some of my favorites include the opportunity to “create” saver award space and the occasional Mercedes-Benz tarmac transfer, but you can check out a more comprehensive list here.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees